Author Topic: Like Tim. I wan-na be like Tim!  (Read 789 times)

Offline FirstFreedom

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Avid Poster
Like Tim. I wan-na be like Tim!
« on: September 12, 2005, 05:24:59 PM »
I'm GunGoBoom here; look at the pic in post #7 of this thread:

http://www.thehighroad.org/showthread.php?t=154674

Dang it, but mine's a .223, not a .204 Ruger - close but no cigar.   :eek:  :-D  :twisted:

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 05:01:52 PM »
Graybeard:
Personally, I think we need to take out the trash!

Done. All his posts have been removed from the site as has he.

BUT I am disappointed that some of you copied the things he said that got him canned. Do you not realize that if you copy them and post them in YOUR thread then you too have posted them on this site? I do NOT expect folks to copy into their posts things said by others that are going to get that person kicked out. If you do you subject yourself to the same end result. So please in the future do not copy things that should NOT be on this site into your posts. It makes my work in cleaning up the site just that much mroe difficult.

I can delete all threads by a person with one push of a button. But now I have to search to see who copied his foul language into their posts. I expect the Moderators here and any of you who did that to clean it up ASAP in case I miss some.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 07:02:49 PM »
Sorry Bill...I just got home from work...and Quickdtoo  is in the hospital...I'll check things out...

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Datil

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (17)
Quick in hospital
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 01:36:21 AM »
Mac, Report more on Quick if don't mind! Been wonder about him?
 Been missing Quick, Marv.

Offline tallyho

• Trade Count: (52)
  • DECEASED 6/6/2013
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 02:11:46 AM »
Me too. Been wondering about Quick. Any info would be appreciated.
DECEASED 6/6/2013

Offline dodd3

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 02:24:50 AM »
mack give him our best wishes from us in west oz hope every thing is alright i miss him.
bernie :(
if its feral its in peril

Offline jon f

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
quick
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2005, 02:29:49 AM »
Could you please tell us how quick is doing ?
Badges,we don't need no stinking badges.

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2005, 03:55:17 AM »
Quote from: Graybeard
Graybeard:
Personally, I think we need to take out the trash!

Done. All his posts have been removed from the site as has he.

BUT I am disappointed that some of you copied the things he said that got him canned. Do you not realize that if you copy them and post them in YOUR thread then you too have posted them on this site? I do NOT expect folks to copy into their posts things said by others that are going to get that person kicked out. If you do you subject yourself to the same end result. So please in the future do not copy things that should NOT be on this site into your posts. It makes my work in cleaning up the site just that much mroe difficult.

I can delete all threads by a person with one push of a button. But now I have to search to see who copied his foul language into their posts. I expect the Moderators here and any of you who did that to clean it up ASAP in case I miss some.

I apoligise for quoting this guys vulgar language I only did so because A person cannot edit quotes Pink Elephants.

I hope quick makes a foll recoveery.

Offline FirstFreedom

• Avid Poster
Whoa nelly
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2005, 04:56:54 AM »
What the....  what did I miss here?   The posts have little or nothing to do with my thread.

So what's up with Quick?????????  Is he OK?  Is there a thread on him somewhere (other than this one)?  I don't see one.  Mack, when can you give us a report, please.....?

:(   :shock:

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2005, 05:16:02 AM »
FirstFreedom-there is a reason that the posts don't make much sence. The (former) poster Alabama Outlaw was making some lude comments that was offending many members here. He is gone now, and so are all his past posts. Sorry about your thread man. I could see how  it would be confusing to come back to this.
It was a mess to say the least, ask Krockus.
I didn't want to say any thing, so I sat back during it. Kinda glad I did.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2005, 05:25:54 AM »
I will make a separate post on Quick. See it for known details.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline Winter Hawk

• Trade Count: (47)
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2005, 08:24:07 AM »
I'm glad I missed the "lewd comments."  Thanks for being on top of things, Graybeard.  I for one appreciate that this is a site I can feel comfortable visiting.

-WH-
"All you need for happiness is a good gun, a good horse and a good wife." - D. Boone

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2005, 11:20:43 AM »
Krochus wrote:
 I APOLOGIZE  for quoting this guys vulgar language..... I only did so because a  person cannot edit quotes.....(yes they can...yes they can.). :-D )...

As you can see...you can..it's easier to have 2 windows open( at least for me it is)...copy the part you want (right mouse click..click copy also known as cut and paste)  in the second window...then...open your original window..with the thread open already..click post reply..click quote 1 time move your mouse pointer past the second bracket of the first quote sign right mouse click there and click on paste...do your editing and then click on qoute again to finish it...to check your work and make sure it is as you want before you post it...click on the preview button below to the left of the submit button...by clicking on the quote button in another persons post you will wind up quoting everything they said without being able to edit out vulgarity if needed...you can always add the name of whom your quoting inside the qoute brackets if you want...if you do this..DO NOT mis-quote the person...As you can see I corrected your post in the qoute for spelling...normally the post stay as they are typed...I'm not a spelling moderator...and usually the message gets across..I did yours for emphasis only :)

Mac

Offline R.W.Dale

• Trade Count: (22)
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2005, 11:48:55 AM »
Quote from: Mac11700
Krochus wrote:
 I APOLOGIZE  for quoting this guys vulgar language..... I only did so because a  person cannot edit quotes.....(yes they can...yes they can.). :-D )...

As you can see...you can..it's easier to have 2 windows open( at least for me it is)...copy the part you want (right mouse click..click copy also known as cut and paste)  in the second window...then...open your original window..with the thread open already..click post reply..click quote 1 time move your mouse pointer past the second bracket of the first quote sign right mouse click there and click on paste...do your editing and then click on qoute again to finish it...to check your work and make sure it is as you want before you post it...click on the preview button below to the left of the submit button...by clicking on the quote button in another persons post you will wind up quoting everything they said without being able to edit out vulgarity if needed...you can always add the name of whom your quoting inside the qoute brackets if you want...if you do this..DO NOT mis-quote the person...As you can see I corrected your post in the qoute for spelling...normally the post stay as they are typed...I'm not a spelling moderator...and usually the message gets across..I did yours for emphasis only :)

Mac...( I think I can change things around inside your qoutes...:wink:  )

Yeah BUT YOU cannot other than being a moderator cannot change what I,ve quoted of your statment. I can but you can't no more than I could change you're correction of my misspelling in you're post above.

Example if I post something increadably stupid and say jerkface saw it and knew I would try to delete my post he can quote me and even if I edit what I said  The quote in his post would still show my stupid comment. :D  I think Just check out my first post on this thread and then check out where you quoted me. :wink:

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2005, 01:43:05 PM »
You mean I can't do what I did to your post above? :)

Seriously...if you want to correct a blunder or slip up...you should correct it before some one else post to it...if not...apologize and ask a moderator or administrator to change things for you...grammer  not withstanding..If you are going to qoute someone...copy and paste it out of the post...add the quotes as I said before...and if profanity or vulgar comments are made...edit them out,Remeber... Greybeard has said...qouting someone directly is the same as saying it yourself.You better off just following the rules and not doing anything like what happened to begin with..We are hear to help...not get into using cuss words and calling folks names or implying anything bad about them.

Mac