Author Topic: Topper Deluxe Classic Barrel on a SB2 Receiver ......  (Read 422 times)

Offline Couger

• Trade Count: (77)
Topper Deluxe Classic Barrel on a SB2 Receiver ......
« on: September 13, 2005, 09:59:53 PM »
Can anyone help explain what is required to have a TDC 12 or 20 gauge barrel fitted to my rifle receiver?

What is the cost?

What are the part numbers for the 12 and 20 gauge Topper Deluxe Classic barrels?

Thanks for any input.   8)

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
Topper Deluxe Classic Barrel on a SB2 Recei
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 01:38:45 PM »
Go to WWW.HR1871.com and click the link for the barrel accessory program. It's all spelled out there. You could also call CS and get the same info. Basicaly you ship them your receiver and they fit the barrel to it and send it back. I've always gotten lucky when buying used barrels but it is unlikely that you going to find either of these barrels used for a while. I've only seen one so far and I bought that one.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Couger

• Trade Count: (77)
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 01:44:09 PM »
I should have been more specific, Markus.

I'm familiar with that site and those instructions regarding the barrel exchange program.

But like the recently available 7.62X39 barrels, the Topper Deluxe Classic barrels are not listed on that site with part number and cost.

Was hoping someone has already had a TDC barrel installed on their SB1 or SB2 receiver and could share the cost/experience and part#.

On another thread the part# and cost was posted for the 7.62X39 barrel.   :wink:

Offline 35Rem

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
    • Remington Model 8 and 81 Autoloading Rifles
Topper Deluxe Classic Barrel on a SB2 Recei
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 03:15:08 PM »
"use 20 rib for the part # it is 77.00 ,15.00 fitting and 10.00 S&H"

Direct from CS a few weeks ago.  I thought about it, but it was a little too pricey for a SS 20 ga barrel.  They look really cool, but that's what a rifle barrel costs....
Remington Model 8 and 81 Autoloading Rifles
http://thegreatmodel8.remingtonsociety.com/
Vintage Semiauto Rifles
http://vintagesemiautorifle.proboards105.com/index.cgi

Offline blx

• Trade Count: (0)
16 GA TDC
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2005, 02:07:33 PM »
Does anyone else have an interest in a 16 GA TDC?  Anyone know if H&R will put a rib on a 16 GA barrel (thinkin' of getting a 12 or 20 TDC then buying the 16 GA barrel)