Author Topic: Paulson Brothers Story?  (Read 1197 times)

Offline entsminger

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Paulson Brothers Story?
« on: September 14, 2005, 05:52:35 AM »
For some time now I have been facinated with cannons and only several years ago did I find that there were some folks who actually made their own cannon. I stumbled quite by accident on the Paulson Brothers Ordnance company and soon became green with envy. Imagine, having the wear with all to actually build your own 8, 10 and even a 13 inch full size sea coast mortar not to mention all the other cannon related stuff they make/ sell. Not only that, they seem to have a awsome collection of authentic cannon including a 10 inch Rodman. I talked with Bernie Paulson, I think, just briefly a while back but only touched the surface of their experiance of building and owning cannons and I'm guessing even shooting their cannons. Has anyone written an article or something telling the story of the Paulson Brothers? I drool at  the pictures on their site of stacks of mortars/cannons in their sheds and pictures of their cannons. Wow, what a way to make a living! I know there is probably no great demand for 10 or 13 inch mortars but there must be enough people out there who want one to keep them making more? I'm guessing they both have other jobs that keep them financed as well but what a side line occupation! There must be something in the Blood of these Wisconsin lads because I've heard of others up there making their own cannon as well?If there is somewhere you can direct me to find more information on these very lucky brothers , please let me know of it. I'd love to know their story.

Scott Springston

Offline entsminger

• Avid Poster
Found short story on Paulson Brothers
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 06:44:12 AM »
http://news.minnesota.publicradio.org/features/2005/05/30_picardip_cannon/

I'm answering my own question for anyone who cares. Type in the above address and you can see a small story on the Paulson Brothers. Wow!! What a way to earn a living! Wish it was me.

Scott Springston

Offline kappullen

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Paulson Brothers Story?
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2005, 12:34:33 PM »
Scott,
Check out the suppliers listed on this site.
The Paulsons may be extreme but many others do it as well.
Kap

Offline Cat Whisperer

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Pulaski Coehorn Works
Paulson Brothers Story?
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2005, 02:22:39 PM »
entsminger -

Interesting bit of info.  Thanks for posting it!

The Paulson bro's have been around for quite some time and are some of the few that do REALLY big bore.
Tim K                 www.GBOCANNONS.COM
Cat Whisperer
Chief of Smoke, Pulaski Coehorn Works & Winery
U.S.Army Retired
N 37.05224  W 80.78133 (front door +/- 15 feet)

Offline Freddy

Paulson Brothers Story?
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 06:41:34 AM »
The Paulson Brothers are the the sons of the man who started the pixall string bean harvesting equipment company.  They sold most of the comany off, and now mostly play with cannons and mortors.