Author Topic: Who makes which scope  (Read 853 times)

Offline adeese660

• Trade Count: (0)
Who makes which scope
« on: September 15, 2005, 01:23:56 PM »
Does anybody know who makes Redhead,Cabelas, and BSA scopes?I have been searching on the web for hours looking for this info but cannot find it.
David

Offline adeese660

• Trade Count: (0)
Who makes which scope
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2005, 12:08:56 PM »
Man.I can't beleive no one knows who makes these scopes.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Who makes which scope
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2005, 01:03:33 PM »
No one outside of the companies themselves seems to know who makes such scopes and they are sure not talking. Most likely cuz they figure if we knew we'd not buy them at least not at those prices. If even the rag writers know they are sure keeping it quiet.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!

Offline 379 Peterbilt

• Trade Count: (1)
Who makes which scope
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2005, 06:58:12 AM »
I too have been wondering this for some time. So I called Cabelas and asked  the products accociate who makes the Alaskan riflescopes for them. The guy says he does not have access to that information. I suspect for all the reasons that Graybeard pointed out.

Might have to place a call to the pentagon to find out  :-D

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
Who makes which scope
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2005, 08:01:07 PM »
Perhaps i am mistaken, but I think the Redhead is actually low end Bushnell.

Offline Graybeard

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (69)
Who makes which scope
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2005, 05:41:59 AM »
Part of the problem here lies with the fact that there are far far more "sellers" of rifle scopes than there are "makers" of rifle scopes.

What this means is that those few folks who do make scopes supply a large number of folks with what they want. They can and do build both to their standards and to the specs supplied to them by the marketers and they mark them as requested with whatever names the marketing company wants.

Bushnell these days is not a maker of rifle scopes. They import them. I think Nikon and Pentax are the same really. Some Leupold and Burris scopes are assembled in the US but NOT necessarily of parts made in the US. Scopes are made in Japan, China, the Phillipines and maybe a few other places around the world, certainly some are in made in Europe.

It might be that some of these scopes are truly identical in all respects other than the name placed on them and the boxes they are packed in. But no one is going to tell you which ones are like that. You are just not going to get that information from very many of the folks who market scopes. Besides if they told you today it might change tomorrow. They buy from whoever will sell to them the cheapest and deliver the specs they want in a product.

Bill aka the Graybeard
President, Graybeard Outdoor Enterprises
256-435-1125

I am not a lawyer and do not give legal advice.

Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life anyone who believes in Him will have everlasting life!