Author Topic: Anyone done this  (Read 444 times)

Offline Aaro

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Anyone done this
« on: September 21, 2005, 01:52:46 PM »
Has anyone put an adjustable comb and butplate on their handi rifle? Theres enough wood there to do it and the fact that the scope has to be so high to clear the hammer is a good reason for it. I was thinking about doing it just for something different to do but wanted some feedback from yall guys first. Is there any reason it wont work. Also one final question how much is a new stock incase I screw up? Anyone got one out there they would like to get rid or just in case?
"If guns kill people I can blame mispelled words on my pencil"
                                                             -Larry The Cable Guy :-D

Offline trotterlg

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (36)
Anyone done this
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 03:43:15 PM »
I would give it a try, I see stocks on Ebay all the time for not much money, so it would be fun to do.  I am thinking about removing some wood from inside the forarm and butstock to reduce weght, there is plenty of it there to work with.  Larry
A gun is just like a parachute, if you ever really need one, nothing else will do.

Offline Mac11700

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (34)
Anyone done this
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2005, 07:59:30 PM »
I don't know about doing an adjustable comb...but I've done an adjustable recoil pad...It was the Morgan adjustable...it went on fairly easy with a-lot of filing to take the base down.....

Mac
You can cry me a river... but...build me a bridge and then get over it...

Offline Duce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Anyone done this
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2005, 01:40:08 AM »
Aaro: Last time I looked a stock was around $35 on the NEF barrel/accessory page.  Numrich, listed unfinished stocks for $10. Have Fun:  :D <>< Duce:
What ever you'll put up with, is exactly what you'll get!!!!!