Author Topic: Magnum Research Warranty Work?  (Read 434 times)

Offline Golsovia

• Trade Count: (0)
Magnum Research Warranty Work?
« on: September 23, 2005, 02:19:19 PM »
How long is the real wait? My initial contact with them suggested 3 weeks- (that was before I sent it to them). My contact with them after they got it (8-12-05) said it was 3-4 weeks (on 9-2-05) and said that they would have it out a week from then. It is currently three weeks after the last contact, they have had my revolver seven weeks and the bears will be heading into the hills for the winter pretty soon. Does anyone have any experience with their warranty service? At the very least i'd like to shoot it some before the snow flies again.

Offline jar-wv

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Avid Poster
Magnum Research Warranty Work?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 05:51:18 PM »
I have a BFR 454. After about 200 rounds or so the thing jammed up and wouldn't cock on one cylinder, always the same cylinder. I called them and told them about it, and was told to send it back. I also mentioned to them that the trigger could be a lot better. The guy I talked to said to write a note about everything and send it with the firearm. I recieved a call from them within a week after I sent it to them and was told I should have it back within 2 weeks. About a week later I recieved a call from them and was told that it was ready to ship. Upon learning I was a business owner they told me they could ship it directly to me at my business and recieved it about 2 days later. I was pleased to find that they had not only fixed the original problem (burr on the cylinder), but also did a trigger job and installed a keeper on the base pin. I would rate their warranty work as first rate. That has been about 4 years ago and I hope things haven't changed.  I hope they get yours fixed and get it back to you. I remember reading your posts on this gun and immediatly checked mine to see if the cylinder locked into position before it was cocked, which mine does.

jar