Author Topic: Rebuilding after the Hurricanes  (Read 664 times)

Offline rockbilly

• Trade Count: (0)
Rebuilding after the Hurricanes
« on: September 28, 2005, 01:00:32 PM »
:twisted: I heard what I hope is a nasty rumor today.  I understand Fox is trying to pressure Bust into allowing a crew of several thousand Mexicans to do clean up and rebuilding of damaged areas. According to the "plan", the Mexicans will be paid top wage while many of the Americans set around and draw food stamps.  In my opinion, outside labor should only be accepted after every available American that wants to work is employed.

In the same story I was told that a large portion of New Orleans and several areas along the Mississippi Gulf coast would have to be totally destroyed and rebuilt due to black mold.  Extensive work will be necessary in schools, hospitals, and other buildings to eliminate the mold.  Even so, I think we can accomplish this with Americans.

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2005, 02:13:47 PM »
Not a rumor!!
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2005, 08:30:50 AM »
You know what, I wouldn't bother rebuilding New Orleans. They rebuild it, and it  going to get detsroyed again. Our taxes are going to have to pay for that. I say, bulldoze it over, and go on. this country can live without New Orleans.
[

United we stand against Ovomit.

Offline IntrepidWizard

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2005, 08:41:15 AM »
Bust the dikes and let the Mississippi fill it with debris.
Government is not reason; it is not eloquence; it is force! Like fire, it is
a dangerous servant and a fearful master. -- George Washington

Offline arky65

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2005, 01:56:03 PM »
The state of Louisiana has had a push on to build recreation lakes, around the state to stimulate the economy. Sent my local rep an email suggesting that they start with N.O.

Arky65

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005, 02:20:29 PM »
:shock: Gosh, you  guys are sure tough on all those cajun/connies.

I could agree to an extent, but when you think about the location and importance of the Port of New Orleans we really should consider rebuilding.  The port is extremely important to America's economy due to its location in relations to the Mississippi River.

Just remember, with tornados, earthquakes, fires, etc it could be your city/town.  And those folks from New Orleans may be in favor of letting it return to nature.

Just a thought............... :D  :D  :D

Offline Sheila

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2005, 05:01:58 PM »
They could still have a port there, but no city. They should just call it the Port Of Louisiana.
[

United we stand against Ovomit.

Offline DirtyDan

rebuilding
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2005, 06:20:42 PM »
We all know it will be rebuilt. Question is how smart will they be this time around. Instead of burning or burying all the trash, pile it up, raise the level of things a couple of feet put six inches of dirt on top, just like when they convert a landfill to a golf course and then concentrate on those dang dikes/levees.
Any law that makes self-defense illegal or impractical is an illegitimate law, and should not be obeyed, because such a law ultimately subjects people to the criminal element.
NRA Life Member
TSRA Life Member

Offline rockbilly

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2005, 02:04:39 AM »
8) Hey DIrt Dan, only a gut with a name like that could come up with such a great idea.  Move all the trash from the area, Mississippi included, to New Orleans and put the Corp of Engineers to work dredging the river and bay out to cover it.  Just think, we could change the name to Mount New Orleans and possibly build some ski slopes, and there would be no more flooding, and we would all live happily ever after. :roll:

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2005, 03:18:23 AM »
The onliest problem with that plan is that all piled up will sink. There is no bottom or structure to this area and it all sinks. That is the reason they have to continually retop the levee's.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline magooch

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2005, 04:14:07 AM »
Who the hell would want to live in New Orleans now anyway?  You'd have to be some kind of masochist, or at least a gluttin for punishment.
Swingem

Offline williamlayton

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2005, 11:17:48 PM »
Well, I guess home is home and there is some infastructure that will have need of being rebuilt. There will not be as many of the welfare folks left, hopefully not the police either, as they have been moved to other places.
NO has a place but they have need of taking a good introspective look at themselves as they do the rebuilding.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD