Author Topic: changing parallax on non AO scope?  (Read 685 times)

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
changing parallax on non AO scope?
« on: October 11, 2005, 02:41:32 PM »
I need a new scope for my son's CZ Scout.  It needs to be real light and short.  He is just starting and doesn't need long range capability - clear view and light weight are most important.  We'll be taking most shots at 10-50 yards.

I'm wary of the Simmons 22Mags and similar and may want to put the scope on my 41 mag Marlin later.

I'm looking at the Weaver V3 as one of the shortest and lightest real scopes out there.  I think this scope comes with parallax adjusted to 100 yds.  How can I get it set to 50 yards?  I see mentions of getting this done on this forum.

I'd sure appreciate some advice - or suggestions on how to get this done.  Or are there other scopes you can recommend?  

I don't want to put a 11 inch +, 10 oz + scope on this little rifle.  I had a Beeman SS1,  2.5 x, 8 oz, scope but it fogged and is on its way to repair.

thanks
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 02:47:47 PM »
I haven't read this entire thread, but here are 4 pages on the subject that might help ya...

http://rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94809
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
thanks,
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 08:27:19 PM »
Thanks, that was pretty interesting.  Don't know if the scope I'm interested in will qualify but I'll keep this in mind.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline jgalar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2005, 01:35:10 AM »
Why not get a shotgun/muzzleloader scope.

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
Shotgun / ML scopes
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2005, 08:11:39 AM »
Yeah, I have been combing the shotgun/ ML scope offerings and may get one yet.  But some of them have parallax set at 75 yds, which still seems a bit long for the ranges I expect for the .22.  Those with the 50 yard setting are most interesting but some of them are a bit bigger and heavier than the smallest Weavers.

One of the Bushnell 1-4 is a top contender for my $.

thanks
NRA Life