Author Topic: Outdoors club for ages 11-19  (Read 825 times)

Offline biblebeliever

• Trade Count: (0)
Outdoors club for ages 11-19
« on: October 15, 2005, 05:06:30 AM »
Hello everyone,

I am interested in starting an outdoors club for young people, more precisely guys and girls between 11 and 19 years of age. I am 15 years old and i think that a club in which teens could get to know others their age in their area would be very helpful.

Let me explain my tentative ideas:

1) I am considering the publication of a monthly newsletter to go out to all members. This magazine would require a small fee to cover mailing and printing costs. It will have a national coverage.

The purposes of this newsletter are as follows:

1) This club will increase the awareness of 2nd amendment right infringement. Teens can cover stories in their local and state government and warn about infringement possibilities.
2) The newsletter will include fishing/hunting/trapping for teens, by teens.
3) I will publish one short short story per issue.
4) I will not publish any sexual, obscene or unchristian essays or stories.
5) I will announce current and impending events.

Another purpose for this club would be the connection of local teens with each other adn their local clubs, events, and other groups; for information, fellowship, and friendship. If you are interested in becoming a pen-pal with someone, e-mail or snail-mail me and let me know the qualifications you would like to see in a pen-pal. I will set you up with someone else.

If anyone else has any more ideas to suggest, please do. All GBO members are invited to help with the rules and suggest modification. I will be checking in on this thread in a couple of weeks and would like to see that some people are interested. When the rules and administration have been agreed upon, I will post my e-mail address and ask those who are interested in receiving the newsletter to please send me an e-mail. Also, tell your friends about it and spread the word around!   :grin:

One last thing: this newsletter will be written exclusively by members. All things printed will be by the teens who read them.

Sincerely,

Biblebeliever

Offline biblebeliever

outdoor club
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2005, 05:51:48 AM »
Hello again,

It occurred to me that this club could help us trappers find property to trap, and those of us who are hunters and fishermen could also find property to hunt and fish. Also, trappers could find suppliers and buyers for their furs.

If anyone is interested, I need names for the club and newsletter. Any ideas?

BB

Offline HuntingGirl2005

Outdoors club for ages 11-19
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 04:35:50 AM »
Hello,

I am interested in joining this club.   But it happens i am only ten, I am going to be 11 later on in the year. Do you think I could join? If you skip to different Topics and forums you will see Howie or Howard Smith, he is my father and a pro staff hunter on different websites. he works for Hawglite and Bohn archery. He got his mathews bow from Hawglite.
     Thanks, Jasmine  :D
[/url]

His name on Graybeards in
Howie1968
Jasmine Alexis Kay Smith