Author Topic: What a store!  (Read 766 times)

Offline Sheila

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
What a store!
« on: October 21, 2005, 07:08:31 AM »
I was at Cabela's yesterday, and I had such a nice time there.  I bought a Daiwa Laguna 4000 spiing reel, a pair of flannel lined jeans, a box on remington 30/30 caliber ammuntion, and a shooting shirt.  I didn't care how much money I spent yesterday, I just had a nice time.
[

United we stand against Ovomit.

Offline Patriot_1776

• A Real Regular
What a store!
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 07:46:12 AM »
Glad to hear you had a good time.  :agree:  

Sadly, we don't have any Cabela's stores on the southwest coast area to take a stroll in.  :cry:

But I do order a lot from them; they have been a AA+ place for all of my outdoor needs, as well as for Christmas shopping.

:D
-Patriot
-Patriot

Offline Savage .250

What a store!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 08:34:11 AM »
The best thing i can say about Cabela`s is ............I`ve never had a problem with any transaction.  My questions were answered. The merchandise was as good as advertised and still going strong.
  Seems like they go put of their way to make sure your happy,IMO.

" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."
" The best part of the hunt is not the harvest but in the experience."

Offline Land_Owner

• Global Moderator
  • Moderators
  • Trade Count: (31)
    • Permission Granted - Land Owner
What a store!
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2005, 05:41:23 PM »
Their name on everything in the store and in their catalog makes me want to puke.  

Elimination of the little supplier and retailer, who can no longer compete on an even playing field; elimination of brand recognition long gone from the retail shelves as replaced by the chain brand name; and elimination of the essential features that make us stand out from one another in our personal choices is a testimonial to the lost identity of what was once a great shopping opportunity.  

Yes their stores are filled to capacity with glitz.  You are paying for all that glitters, which is not gold.  I may view the chain store catalog that comes five times a year.  Who pays for that?  You do.

Make mine a brand in whom I have trusted since my youngest years.  At least I know and can respect its lineage.

Offline ShadowMover

• Contributor
What a store!
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2005, 06:06:28 PM »
Yes they put their name on a lot of stuff, so what?  Their stuff is expensive too, but they have it in stock and they have a nice selection.  The catalogs make good reading room material. They don't force you to buy there.
They also have a deal on their credit card that rebates 1% of all purchases to credit at their store. Every time I fill up with gas or pay for an item I get a little something back. No, I don't work there  :wink:

Offline Heavy Chevy

What a store!
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2005, 11:27:14 AM »
Fantastic service.
Great products.
Terrific selection.
Good availability.
Fair pricing.
What's not to like?
Butch  HC

Why me Lord,
 What did I ever do?
 To deserve even one,
 Of the heartaches I''ve known.

Offline BamBams

What a store!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2005, 11:37:03 AM »
Cabela's is just one of those places where you'd have say, "What more could want?"

Fair prices
Great Service
Great mail order delivery.
Returns with no questions asked.
NRA Handgun Instructor