Author Topic: Man Dies After Back Yard Deer Attack  (Read 676 times)

Offline Lawdog

• Trade Count: (0)
Man Dies After Back Yard Deer Attack
« on: October 21, 2005, 02:55:17 PM »
You have to watch those Blacktail Bucks out west.  Go to http://www.nbc4.tv/news/5133642/detail.html?rss=la&psp=news to check out the story.  Kind of makes one wonder what caused this Blacktail Buck to go crazy?  I know that deer attacks are not unknown but it is rare.  From the pictures I have seen on the news, that Blacktail buck was a monster 3x4.  Would have dressed out well over 150 lbs.  Lawdog
 :D

P.S. - While I posted this on the Deer Hunting forum it really belongs here.  Or maybe on a Dangerous Game forum?  LD
 :-D
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline Rogue Ram

• Contributor
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 05:29:28 PM »
:eek:   :eek:   Law, did I read this right? Victim took an anter IN THE MOUTH???   :shock:   Wow.  Like to see a pic of that buck!!!

RR

Offline Lawdog

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 12:27:24 PM »
Quote from: Rogue Ram
:eek:   :eek:   Law, did I read this right? Victim took an anter IN THE MOUTH???   :shock:   Wow.  Like to see a pic of that buck!!!

RR

From the pictures they showed on television it was one of the biggest Blacktails I have ever seen.  The reported stated according to the Doctors report one tine went 10 inches into the guys mouth down his throat.  From the looks of the rack I wouldn’t doubt it.  Lawdog
Gary aka Lawdog is now deceased. He passed away on Jan. 12, 2006. RIP Lawdog. We miss you.

Offline Lawdog

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 02:17:35 PM »
This was on the news this morning from Rancho Santa Fe.  It seems that there are other bucks(at least two more) that are jumping over fences and attacking dogs in back yards and chasing people.  Maybe something in the water?  Lawdog

Offline Rogue Ram

• Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2005, 11:46:41 AM »
Here in Oregon in the 60s and 70s in the City of Portland there were some notable blacktail attacks, and some wild dog issues. I recall quite well a big blacktail buck that attacked a phone company guy who promptly scampered up  the pole and had to call for help.......they had to shoot the deer. On another occasion a pack of dogs chased a big buck onto a major bridge.....when the police showed up the buck had kicked some serious butt on the dogs; I think they forced him back off the bridge and into the woods. Funny you don't hear about this much anymore, but now its happening down there. Weird.