Author Topic: Finally got to try it out  (Read 329 times)

Offline WJC

• Trade Count: (0)
Finally got to try it out
« on: October 22, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »
Well after lapping and cleaning per the stickies, I got to go to the range today.  Currently I only get to shoot at 25 yards but that should change in a couple of months.  I really like this rifle.  Also, I added the O-ring out of the gate because I couldn't get a dollar bill between the forearm and the barrel without it.  

I had to use thier ammo at the range. It was American Eagle (Federal) 55 grain boat tail.  The Handi seemed to like it.  I really need to work on trigger control.  Below is my best group from today.  It is only 25 yards, so no laughing!!!   :P

I can see myself starting the downward spiral into Handi Purgatory
 :twisted:

Thanks again everyone for all the help you have given me so far.

Wayne

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 01:28:54 PM »
No laughing here WJC, great group!! I can see you shooting sub-1" groops at 100 yards when you get that distance to shoot!!! Congratulations....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Daniel Laws

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2005, 03:46:26 PM »
At least you descended into purgatory.  I just flat out fell!  I got my first handi for Christmas last year.  I now have ten complete rifles, six extra barrels, and four extra stocks.  Not to mention all the reloading stuff for these temperamental little beasts.

Offline mitchell

• Trade Count: (8)
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2005, 05:02:53 PM »
Quote from: Daniel Laws
At least you descended into purgatory.  I just flat out fell!  I got my first handi for Christmas last year.  I now have ten complete rifles, six extra barrels, and four extra stocks.  Not to mention all the reloading stuff for these temperamental little beasts.

boy some people get bit hard!!! i wish my wallet was that big .

great looking group wjc and it don't matter to me if its 25 yards times it by 4 you still got under a inch and sub-MOA nice going.
curiosity killed the cat , but i was lead suspect for a while