Author Topic: Forend Length...Huntsman/Sidekick/Pardner  (Read 373 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Forend Length...Huntsman/Sidekick/Pardner
« on: October 24, 2005, 11:46:40 PM »
Can someone do a comparison between their muzzle loader and their Pardner for me please?  Is the forend on the muzzle loader longer than on the shotgun?  Will the forend from the muzzle loader fit on a Pardner?  
In the Catalog, the pictures make it look longer than the standard forend for a shotgun.  Also, does anyone know if the Huntsman and Sidekick barrels are the same?  Is the length of the forend determined by the length of the barrel.  I noted in the barrel accessory info that came from the factory, in 2004 they offered the blued and the stainless in 24" and in the 2005 the offered the blued in 26"under the same part # as the 24" was in the 2004 list.  The 24" stainless stayed the same in 2005 and they added a 26" stainless.  
Any one who has both Muzzle Loader and Pardner, can you shed some light on this forend question.  Thanks
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Re: Forend Length...Huntsman/Sidekick/Pardner
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2005, 07:27:09 AM »
Quote from: Cookieman
Can someone do a comparison between their muzzle loader and their Pardner for me please?  Is the forend on the muzzle loader longer than on the shotgun?  Will the forend from the muzzle loader fit on a Pardner?  
In the Catalog, the pictures make it look longer than the standard forend for a shotgun.  Also, does anyone know if the Huntsman and Sidekick barrels are the same?  Is the length of the forend determined by the length of the barrel.  I noted in the barrel accessory info that came from the factory, in 2004 they offered the blued and the stainless in 24" and in the 2005 the offered the blued in 26"under the same part # as the 24" was in the 2004 list.  The 24" stainless stayed the same in 2005 and they added a 26" stainless.  
Any one who has both Muzzle Loader and Pardner, can you shed some light on this forend question.  Thanks

Cookieman,

I will answer you questions, just went and fondled all my H&R/NEF's, thanks! :grin:

Q: Can someone do a comparison between their muzzle loader and their Pardner for me please?

A: Yes

Q: Is the forend on the muzzle loader longer than on the shotgun?

A: The Synthetic Huntsman forend is less than 1/4" SHORTER (just over 8-3/4" from the back to front end) than a Pardner/Topper/Ultra forend (9" including the black spacer).

Q: Will the forend from the muzzle loader fit on a Pardner?

A: Sidekick, NO! Huntsman, YES! I took a Pardner/Topper/Ultra Varmint/Huntsman and ALL forends are interchangable. The 20ga Ultra Slug forend is not interchangable but will fit the others wit the wider channel but the others will not fit the Ultra Slug. i also tried my Sportster .17 HMR forend and the forend channel is narrower than the others but would work in a pinch, just wouldn't fit around the barrel properly. Just remember there is a ramrod channel in the Huntsman forend and the others would not have one.

Q: In the Catalog, the pictures make it look longer than the standard forend for a shotgun. Also, does anyone know if the Huntsman and Sidekick barrels are the same?

A: The internal barrels are the same BUT the Sidekick has a shorter frame and longer forend with the forend lug being in a different spot on the barrel and the lock up lug is shorter and narrower so they are definitely NOT interchangable(barrel nor forends).

Q: Is the length of the forend determined by the length of the barrel. I noted in the barrel accessory info that came from the factory, in 2004 they offered the blued and the stainless in 24" and in the 2005 the offered the blued in 26"under the same part # as the 24" was in the 2004 list. The 24" stainless stayed the same in 2005 and they added a 26" stainless.
Any one who has both Muzzle Loader and Pardner, can you shed some light on this forend question. Thanks

A: The length of the forend is different for the Sidekick (longer) and the Huntsman (shorter), the barrel length has nothing to do with the forend length, it's a model thing. Hope that answers your questions. :wink:
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Forend Length...Huntsman/Sidekick/Pardner
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2005, 02:08:03 PM »
YEP! That answers my questions.  Even the one I thought of later about the position of the forend lug being different.  Thanks Busta.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"