Author Topic: DPMS or Bushmaster  (Read 1028 times)

Offline John R.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
DPMS or Bushmaster
« on: October 27, 2005, 07:31:07 AM »
Hey guys I'm looking to get a new AR and I was looking at the DPMS AP4 carbine or one of the Bushmaster carbines. Any advice would be appreciated. THANKS :grin:

Offline KN

DPMS or Bushmaster
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2005, 02:17:51 PM »
Bushmaster is hard to beat in my opinion.   KN

Offline myronman3

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
DPMS or Bushmaster
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2005, 02:22:53 PM »
Quote from: KN
Bushmaster is hard to beat in my opinion.   KN

2nd that.

Offline ought6

DPMS or Bushmaster
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 04:27:17 PM »
I agree, Bushmaster is a great rifle.  I bought it to use as my patrol rifle.  It rides in the floor board of my cruiser and everytime I go to qualify with it, the thing just shoots where I aim. :D
Psalms 18:34-35 He trains my hands for battle, So that my arms can bend a bow of bronze. (35) You have also given me the shield of Your salvation, And Your right hand upholds me; And Your gentleness makes me great.

ought6

Offline NYH1

DPMS or Bushmaster
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 06:14:11 PM »
I don't have any experience with DPMS or Bushmaster. I've heard really good things about both brands, especially Bushmaster. I do however have a Rock River Arms AR-15 A2 TASC RIFLE. Its been great so far. You might want to take a look at A RRA too.
"ROLL TIDE". . .Back To Back. . .Three In The Last Four Years "GO GIANTS"  "YANKEES"

Offline varmit_master

• A Real Regular
DPMS or Bushmaster
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 01:21:46 PM »
Hi i go with a Bushmaster. I have one a bushmaster on order hope to get it soon. VM :D

Offline Rogue Ram

• Contributor
DPMS WARNING!
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2005, 05:53:24 PM »
Glad to hear you are going with Bushmaster. As a cop, I was allowed to carry my own AR. DPMS had a supposedly good rep, so ordered up a heavy barrel CAR-15: what a freaking joke. Shot a foot high at 50 yards with iron sights with the front sight raised so high out of the ears it wobbled.

Gun went back to them twice (at my expense) before they figured out that SHORT BARRELLED ARs NEED SHORTER CARRY HANDLES. Once they did that, we thought problem would be solved. NO, it still shot way high at 50, and at 100 it was ridiculous. Sent the gun back to the owner of DPMS, who sent it back to me saying it was fine......he sent some "test targets" of cloverleafing 5 shot groups fired with a scope.  I shot it with 5 or 6 brands using various weights of bullets, and had two co-workers do the same (one of which is a former Marine sniper, currently a SWAT sniper) to rule out me doing anything wrong. At 50 yards the POS was STILL 6" high with sights as high as they would go, and the groups were around 4" in the best case. Forget 100 yards, I could do better with my Glock 22.  

Called the owner, and we went around like two cats in a sack. He wouldn't budge claiming his groups were legit......I wouldn't budge because with the same ammo only open sights none of us could get the gun to shoot lower nor group.  Finally I told him to take his POS back, I wanted a refund.  Sent the gun back, he kept 25% of my money for a "restocking" fee. I called to complain, he told me to go screw myself. I responded by telling him I'd post about Don't Provide Much Service on every website I could find whenever the subject of ARs came up, and emailed our agency head to FORGET giving DPMS a chance at a Natl contract; DPMS ain't authorized!

We have 2 short barrelled Bushies in my office that did have issues, but Bushmaster fixed them ASAP at no cost and paid shipping both ways. As a side note, both these guns with law enf short barrels shoot groups so small with iron sights or Aimpoint type sights that I won't post the group sizes here, none of you would believe it.

Some people like DPMS.  However, when they refuse to pay shipping like 5 times, don't make it right, steal my money, and call me a liar, I have to assume they'll do the same thing to others.......and my life depends on my rifle  (can you spell Heckler and Koch).

Enjoy your Bushmaster!

:D

RR

Offline Dana C

DPMS or Bushmaster
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2005, 07:57:12 AM »
I just picked up my Bushmaster.  I can't tell you how happy I am with it!
I looked at other brands side by side and to me Bushmaster had them all hands down.
Dana
45-70, (a couple)
45-90 C Sharps, 2 Puma's 44 Mag. & .357
92' Orginal Winchester & 1894 Marlin 25.20
Model 24 Win. 20G, Eclipse 12G BP,
45-120 Meacham High Wall & 50-100 1872 Rem. Rolling Block
Rem. Custom Shop .375 H&H & .458 Lott Ruger #1

Offline jovonnasdad

DPMS or Bushmaster
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2005, 05:19:08 AM »
BOUGHT A BUSHMASTER FOR MY 17 YR OLD SON WHO IS HEADED FOR THE MILITARY AT THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR ( THOUGHT HE NEEDED TO BECOME FAMILIAR WITH THE RIFLE HE WOULD BE LIVING WITH). IT IS ONE OF THE BEST RIFLES I HAVE EVER HAD. IT IS LIGHTER THAN MY H&K 91, SHOOTS RINGS AROUND IT OUT OF THE BOX (EVEN WITH THE CUSTOM TRIGER JOB IN THE H&K). THE FIT AND FINISH ARE WORLD CLASS, NOTHING WAS MISSED IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS GUN! I AM LOOKING AT GETTING RID OF THE H&K AND BUYING ANOTHER!