Author Topic: Lousy Sight Picture/Tracker 20ga  (Read 488 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Lousy Sight Picture/Tracker 20ga
« on: October 31, 2005, 12:10:01 AM »
I have my Tracker I barrel on my SB2 frame with the Padded Youth buttstock that came on that receiver w/243-20ga youth combo.  It feels great shooting, although the LOP seems just a bit short.  Problem is, my sight picture is fuzzy.  I wear bifocals and I think the distance to the front sight is falling in the range where the lense graduates from reading to long distance.  Any one else have problems like this?  If I put a longer, Adult length butt stock on, might that change the sight picture enough to clear it up or do I need to get a peeper or maybe a One Ragged Hole on this barrel.   Anyone else had problems like this on a rifle or slug gun?

Thanks
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline RemingtonMagnum

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
Fuzzy sights
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2005, 12:37:35 AM »
HI Friends

I had the same problem with any open Iron Sight until I got varalux glasses. Glasses that act like multiple graduations of Bi Focles in one smooth constant graduation of view power. With them I can actually see the front rear and intended sight. They do take a little getting used to but really a help in this situation.

Don Jackson Remington Magnum

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
Thank you
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2005, 11:52:14 AM »
Thanks, Don.  I will check those out.  It may also be my prescription needs updated.  Just realized today that its been over 3 years.  Appreciate the suggestion.  Thanks
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline DanielWGriggs

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
Lousy Sight Picture/Tracker 20ga
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 12:12:15 AM »
I to have the graduated lenses it is hard getting everything focused so I concentrate on the front sight and the rest blurs. The graduated lenses do help with the front sight aqusistion.