Author Topic: New Tracker II - Zeroing  (Read 532 times)

Offline Duck

• Trade Count: (0)
New Tracker II - Zeroing
« on: November 04, 2005, 07:01:17 AM »
Hi,

I just bought a Tracker II (12Ga)  for the shotgun only zone around Saskatoon. I'll be headed out for mule deer does, a whitetail doe and hopefully one of the wall hanger whitetail bucks that are close to the city.

I need to zero the gun and I'm set on sighting in at 2.75" high at 50 yards with Remington Copper Solids (2 3/4").

I've looked at the rear sight and noticed the single screw on top. How do I adjust it for windage and elevation? Is the Tracker II boresighted from the factory?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Duck

Offline offhand35

• Trade Count: (74)
  • Contributor
New Tracker II - Zeroing
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 09:40:56 AM »
The Tracker II is not necessarily bore sighted. If you look on the right side of the rear sight below the blade slot, you should see a small screw used to adjust for windage.....

Have a good time sighting that in and getting ready!

For my Tracker II, in order to get the elevation  set to a low level [read that profile]  for the slugs I am using, I filed the front sight down a littlte [to raise point of impact]. That way I did not have the rear sight at maximum height, ready to snag on small brush or clothing at the worst moment......
Squirrel.......the OTHER dark meat.....!

Offline Duck

First Deer - Remington Copper Solid
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2005, 07:15:11 AM »
Hi,

I took my first deer this morning with my 12Ga Tracker II. It seemed to perform well, although I found a copper petal inside. Does anyone know if these copper solids tend to disintegrate?

Duck

Offline Duck

Taming the Recoil
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 07:11:13 AM »
Just another note. I filled the butt stock hole with #9 lead shot. It seems to have added enough weight to the gun that the recoil isn't so bad anymore.