Author Topic: Greetings All!!  (Read 1037 times)

Offline w00kie98

• Trade Count: (0)
Greetings All!!
« on: March 04, 2003, 09:38:28 AM »
Well, I'm newly arrived to the dreaded 40's (12/29/62).  :cry:  Though I dont feel old.  :twisted:

I grew up in SW Missouri and live in Shawnee, KS now. I enjoy hunting, fishing, and competitive shooting. I ride my motorcycle mostly year round, you should see the looks I get going to a rifle shoot. I shoot a highly modified Ruger 10/22 and a T/C Contender.

I think this is a great forum and 1 of 2 that I frequent exclusively. I hope that I can answer many more questions than I ask.    :?
"The most dangerous thing in the world is a 2nd Lt. with a compass and a map"

Offline Curtis

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (65)
Greetings All!!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2003, 01:33:31 PM »
Hey wookie, life begins at 40 they say.  So far it is true for me.  Some of the things I have done for the VERY FIRST time after turning 40 include snow skiing, sailing, motorcycle touring with a group, building my own workshop, shoot I can't even remember what all! :-D  I know what you mean about the strange looks.  I haven't ridden to the range yet, mostly because I take too much stuff, but I've chuckled to myself when I pictured a motorcycle rider with guns and such bungeed all over the back.

I read your post on the reloading page.  Don't worry about a thing.  I learned on my own with only books (waaay befoe the internet, how did we ever get by without it?) and I still have all my eyes and fingers.  The key is to go slow and be sure you are comfortable that you have a grasp of each step you are doing.  Listen to that nagging voice in your head and STOP if you have any doubts.  I've read many posts here and these guys will not steer you wrong.  They will always err on the safe side when giving tips or advice from what I have seen.  BTW, I love .223 caliber in my 10 inch Contender barrel.  It is a great shooter that you can shoot all day and the muzzle blast and flash never fail to attract attention at the range! :eek:   That gun has started a few good conversations there.

Well, gotta get off this computer and do some work around here.

Shoot often,
Curtis
Lord, please help me to be half the man my dogs think I am.

Contender in 17 Rem, 22lr, 22k Hornet, 223 Rem, 256 WM, 6TCU, 7TCU, 7-30, 30 Herrett, 300 Whisper, 30-30 AI, 357 mag, 357 Herrett, 375 JDJ, 44 mag, 45/410..... so far.

Offline Mrs Graybeard

• A Real Regular
Greetings All!!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2003, 02:01:25 PM »
w00kie98,

Nice to meet you and glad that you are apart of GBO.

Faye aka Mrs Graybeard
Kind hearts are gardens, Kind thoughts are roots, Kind words are blossoms, Kind deeds are fruits.

Offline ButlerFord45

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (10)
Greetings All!!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2003, 02:30:39 PM »
Howdy!!!  I particularly like your signature line!  Your gonna hafta tell me howcome you use it sometime! :) [/quote]
Butler Ford
He who does not punish evil, commands it to be done.-Leonardo da Vinci
An armed society is a polite society-Robert A. Heinlein
Only the dead have seen the end of war- Plato
Lord, make my words as sweet as honey
tomorrow I may have to eat them- A lady's sweatshirt

Offline w00kie98

Greetings All!!
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2003, 05:21:38 PM »
Thanks for all the welcomes!!   :D

ButlerFord45, I saw that in a list of "Murphys Rules of Combat" and it reminded me of the time when I was in the Navy we sent an Ensign on a quest to get a box of fallopian(?) tubes so we could put our generator back together. We sent him to the supply officer and he sent him to base supply. He was gone for 6 hours. Seems like 4 years of some of the country's best schoolin' just didnt latch on, huh?

BTW, fallopian tube is an internal part of the female anatomy.

:-D  :)  :lol:
"The most dangerous thing in the world is a 2nd Lt. with a compass and a map"

Offline IronKnees

• IronKnees
  • Contributor
    • HANDLOADING FOR HUNTING
Howdy from IronKnees..
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2003, 01:57:15 AM »
Howdy from IronKnees... although I have shall we say... a few years on you... :)  Great post, and I love your quote at the bottom... Dave
I want to finish well
I want to end this race
Still leaning on HIS AMAZING GRACE