Author Topic: any one have this ?  (Read 490 times)

Offline od green

• Trade Count: (0)
any one have this ?
« on: November 07, 2005, 01:55:32 PM »
we finally got a new Gander Mt down the road from here in DE. and got a look at the mossberg ATR in 30-06, it felt good to shoulder but all i have read on it was from the mossberg web site. would it be a good choice for an entry level high caliber gun as all i have is 50 cal MZ and rifled barrel slug gun. the price really fits my budget. and info would definitely be appreciated.

Offline greenjeans

• A Real Regular
any one have this ?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2005, 03:15:20 PM »
Have only seen one at a local Wal-Mart, $239. IIRC. The November issue of American Rifleman has a quite long article on the ATR in general and sometest results with the 30-06 version. Bottom line was good utility rifle, no frills, but everything you need for hunting. Accuracy looked plenty good for hunting. If you can find a copy of the magazine there is a lot of reading on it and the new Stevens Model 200 which should be a direct competitor. Hope this helps a little. :?
Romans 8:38,39

Offline rockbilly

any one have this ?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2005, 12:03:18 PM »
:grin: I haven't had my paws on one, but have done some reading on them.  Everyone seems to be in aggrement that the Mossberg is a well made rifle.  At the price, it's worth the chance. :roll:

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
any one have this ?
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2005, 12:39:02 PM »
I would look at the Stevens 200 before I bought the Mossberg........