Author Topic: Cougar in my deer woods...  (Read 1110 times)

Offline IronKnees

• IronKnees
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
    • HANDLOADING FOR HUNTING
Cougar in my deer woods...
« on: March 05, 2003, 06:29:42 AM »
:x I was talking to the lady that owns the land that I hunt deer on this morning, and she said, Dave, come out here and see what you think these tracks I saw are... I was going to put my trail cam back up anyway, so I drove out there, and sure enough, there were lots of tracks, round, and about the size of my hand. That blasted cougar is back in my deer woods. Some of the tracks go right through the lane where I like to set up my game cam, so maybe I can get some pics of it...
I want to finish well
I want to end this race
Still leaning on HIS AMAZING GRACE

Offline jhm

« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2003, 12:25:52 PM »
Dave I know when you get the pictures you will share wont you :D   JIM

Offline IronKnees

• IronKnees
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2003, 01:20:59 PM »
Oh you bet I will... I set up the game cam right where I usually do... If you want to see the pics I already have (the best ones) click here: http://www.accs.net/users/drquick/gamecampics.html
I want to finish well
I want to end this race

Offline Flatlander.54

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
HUH????
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2003, 01:29:40 PM »
Cougar in Indiana???  :shock: Im in Indiana also...(Muncie)....and this is the first time Ive ever heard of Cougar in Indiana. Friend of mine supposedly saw a Black Panther in Switzerland County once, he was about 15 at the time and we couldnt find him one evening after a deer hunt....wasnt in his stand. Then we heard him callin to us, he had climed to the top of the tree his stand was in  :) and swore that a Black Panther walked right under his stand. There are several Farmers in that area who say they have seen it also. I guess Cougar and Panther are like other critters that roam...no tellin where they will show up. Just unusual to hear of them in Indiana.
"Beware the man who owns but one gun...he likely knows how to use it."

Offline IronKnees

• IronKnees
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2003, 01:33:43 PM »
Yeah, this thing has been seen around this area and the county south of us for several years... Last I heard of it, my brother in law saw it in a woods about 5 miles west of where I hunt... I had never actually seen it, but now that I have seen the tracks, I KNOW IT'S THERE...  :(
I want to finish well
I want to end this race

Offline Flatlander.54

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Avid Poster
cougar
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2003, 02:01:50 PM »
You might notify your local game warden, maybe they can do something...as long as theyre not like our local GW.....we got a real winner. He walked into the gunshop here a while bacl wanting to buy a Winchestr lever action and insisted it was called a pump gun. Before he left the shop owner said "Well you might as well get one of those nice lever action 870 Remington shotguns while your here too"  :)  To which the GW replied...."ya know...I just never did care for them semi-auto shotguns."
 :roll:  :shock:  :)  (true story)
"Beware the man who owns but one gun...he likely knows how to use it."

Offline IronKnees

• IronKnees
  • Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2003, 04:46:15 PM »
That's been done several times around here in the last ten years or so, and to be honest, its' the last thing I would want to do... Every IDIOT YAHOO in the county would be out there, and since the land does not belong to me, it would not be my place to day anyhow. I know that this has been going on for around ten years or so anyway because the ex chief of police is a good friend of mine, and hunts about 500 yards east of where I do... He saw it, as did his nephew a few times in the past eight or ten years. The DNR planted these years ago it is said, but of course they deny it. However, when I was a deputy, we were sent out to check on tracks and sightings several times around the county, and these are the same...
I want to finish well
I want to end this race