Author Topic: Using Calls  (Read 414 times)

Offline kymac

• Trade Count: (0)
Using Calls
« on: November 13, 2005, 03:04:48 AM »
Does anyone here use any type of calls??Like a bleat,grunt..ect....If so  at what point do you choose to use them...Thanks for all input
There are 3 things in life you can''t run from....
1)God
2)death
3)heartbreak

Offline Johnny Reb

Using Calls
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2005, 04:28:39 AM »
I use both a bleat call (Primos "The Can") and a grunt call (Primos "Ruberneck").  I'll usually grunt/bleat every 30 minutes or so.  I'll also use them if I see a deer and I can't get a good look at it, many times they will come in for a closer look.  Last year I took my best deer to date, and the can and grunt call helped me get him.  I saw him in a thicket, on an adjoining piece of property, about 150-200 yds away.  I bleated and grunted a couple times, and within two minutes he was only 75 yds away, and looking for a fight.  I'm a believer, that's for sure.
Proud member of the vast right wing conspiracy

Not fooled by the liberal media

Offline rockbilly

Using Calls
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 03:30:18 PM »
8) More times than I can remember the grunt has helped me pull a deer in range, or cause them to stop so I could get a shot.  I don't usually use it unless I have a deer I can see and am trying to get it with-in bow range, or to stop for a shot.

Before going out on your own, I recommend you get a tape (VCR,DVD,whatever) and spend some study time.  They will up your percentage.