Author Topic: My biggest buck yet  (Read 605 times)

Offline HuntingGuy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
My biggest buck yet
« on: November 15, 2005, 03:27:21 PM »
Hey all,

Shot this 8 pointer Monday night, and thought I would share a story and pics with you.  It is the biggest buck I have shot to date (this is my third year hunting, I shot a forker the first year and nothing last year).  I saw more does and fawns until Monday than a man can count to, and passed up a smaller 8 on Saturday night.  I didn't think I would have another chance at a buck.  I sat out at a stand surrounded by swamp grass, a wooded island 100 yards out, and some thickets to the left of me 200 yards away.  Anyways, 2 fawns and a doe came running out of those thickets, and a minute later I looked back over and saw his rack sticking out of the swamp grass.  One shot to the neck and he was down.  Such a cool buck, haven't seen another one like that without brow tines.  He's at the taxidermist now.  What an exciting hunt, and an amazing year.   :D Hope everyone else is having fun.

HuntingGuy
Hunting in Minnesota Moderator

"You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy"

Offline camsdaddy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
My biggest buck yet
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2005, 01:43:33 AM »
Congrats,  I am glad to see more people having luck as the year progresses. Its going to get cold in the next few days here in GA hope it drives the deer to getting careless an d start chasing harder.

Offline Redhawk1

• Life time NRA Supporter.
  • GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (78)
My biggest buck yet
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2005, 04:11:17 AM »
Congrats, nice buck... :D
If  you're going to make a hole, make it a big one.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,
Jesus Christ and the American G. I.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom

Endowment Life Member of the NRA
Life Member NA

Offline marylandeer

• Contributor
My biggest buck yet
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2005, 08:01:16 AM »
:D Way to go HuntingGuy thats a nice buck. It was a cool story to. Sounds like a good place to hunt. It must have been exciting to finally get a big one. Our (Maryland) season opens the Saturday after Thankgiving and I'm pumped, can't wait. I hope I can put one of those big boys in my scope this year.

Offline HuntingGuy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
My biggest buck yet
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2005, 09:44:12 AM »
Thanks guys  :D  Best of luck to you all too.... Next year's wait seems SO long, so make sure you have fun this time around  8)  ...Nothing better.
HuntingGuy
Hunting in Minnesota Moderator

"You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy"

Offline longwinters

• Moderators
My biggest buck yet
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2005, 07:18:42 AM »
HuntingGuy,

You must have got it before the winter wipe out came thru.  Here in the Upper Peninsula the 2nd day of season (16th) we woke up to being in a whole different world. . . everything blasted with ice and snow.  It shut the deer down fast.  

It is good to hear that you are seeing deer.  I figured the wolves over there had eaten em all and are now coming into our state to eat everything over here.

Long
Life is short......eternity is long.

Offline rickyp

• Trade Count: (19)
My biggest buck yet
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2005, 08:59:04 AM »
a great buck, but don't get hung up on the only trophy is a big buck.
any deer you are able to take cleanly should be considered a trophy. That forker you shot  the first year is just as much as a trpohy as this one.