Author Topic: New Century Scopes  (Read 627 times)

Offline w00kie98

• Trade Count: (0)
New Century Scopes
« on: March 05, 2003, 02:09:58 PM »
Tried to do a search of the threads and found nothing. Does anyone know about them? Are they any good? Will be going on a .223 contender.
"The most dangerous thing in the world is a 2nd Lt. with a compass and a map"

Offline Leon Garfield

New Century Scopes
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2003, 01:57:50 PM »
well you ask a question that I am surprised has not got a rise here. I have got 3 of them all 3-9x40 lighted recticle. I have them on 270 win, 243 rem, 7mm08 and my brother has one on his 50 cal Encore shooting 150 grs with a 295gr bullet and have had NO Problems at this time. I can pull sub minute of angle groups with all guns. I think for the money they can not be beat. I feel they are better than any Tasco ever made.....

Offline jamie

• Contributor
New Century Scopes
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2003, 07:11:23 AM »
I have one on my 30-06 Encore handgun and it will shoot 1" or less, unfortunately I can't shoot it but about 1.5"-2.0"  It has never shifted on me.  Now for the bad things.  The optics are not very bright and not very clear to me and it will not track correctly.  4 clicks will get you 1" sometimes and it will get you 3"'s the next.  I will be pulling it off the -06 and move it to my 10" 7-08 and put an Elite in it's place.  No, they are not the greatest scopes out there but they are well worth their cost.
AMMO...
LiFe, Liberty and the Pursuit of all those that threaten it!