Author Topic: hunting storey  (Read 254 times)

Offline dodd3

• Trade Count: (1)
hunting storey
« on: November 19, 2005, 06:53:15 PM »
this was 25 years ago.i was 450 miles north east of perth west oz in the breakaway country on the edge of the desert, the station i was hunting on has plenty of wild goats and wild donkeys and dingos. i wont shoot dingoes i have a soft spot for them i have had  one as a pet one of the best dogs i have had ,anyway back to the storey i glassed some wild donkeys near a mill so i made my way to with in 150 yards it became impossible to stalk any closer no more cover there was a big black jack donkey [male] standing under a tree trying to get a little shade 120 in the shade that day. so i took a good rest and put the crosshair on the middle of his chest and let one go at the shot all the others bolted but the old jack just  kept standing under the tree dam no way i missed so i gave him another he still stood there so i jump up and run towards him yealing and waving my arms, when i got close he was leaning against the tree stone dead my first shot took his hart and his right lung out.this is the funnyest thing i have ever seen in my life,true storey it is like it was yesterday it happened it is still so clear in my mind.i  have shot a lot of scrub bulls with guns but when you bow hunt them it can get dangerous no big trees to scamper up if you are caut out, camels i have shot three but now it will  cost you 200 bucks to shoot one, as they round them up now and sell them to the arabs ,are camels are decease free the three camels i've shot two were with my 45/70 shikari one with with a 70 lb long bow.tim hope you liked it.
bernie    :D
if its feral its in peril

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
hunting storey
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 07:07:23 PM »
That's great, Bernie!! I've only seen things like that donkey not fallin in cartoons and in movies!!  Thanks!!  :D
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain