Author Topic: George Carlin;  (Read 1114 times)

Offline Shorty

• Trade Count: (0)
George Carlin;
« on: November 21, 2005, 11:09:06 AM »
"Interestingly enough, I have found that the prayers I offer to the sun and the prayers I formerly offered to "God" are still all answered at about the same 50 percent rate".

"If this is the best God can do, I'm not impressed.  Results like these do not belong on the resume of a supreme being.  This is the kind of stuff you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude.  In any well-managed universe, this guy would have been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago."

Offline williamlayton

George Carlin;
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 01:03:47 PM »
It is good to vent and your right, however, the testing of God is strongly ill-advised.
God is not a servant to man.
God is Just-not just fair.
God has a plan and the end results which he is implementing as we speak and it will happen the way he designed it.
Your being angry at God does not bother him.
Read the last book--He wins.
Now you can be for or against Him, to be against him just continue on.
To be on His side accept Christ jesus as who He says He is and you will be saved.
God is not going to argue or debate.
Your post is not very well thought out as God cannot be fired, but, many will be "fired."
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Brett

• Trade Count: (6)
George Carlin;
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 03:33:55 PM »
Perhaps MR. Carlin is praying fort the wrong thing at least 50% of the time.  God will only grant our requests if they are in agreement with His will. I believe God answers every prayer.  Sometimes we just don't like the answer.  :wink:
Life memberships:  <><, NRA, BASS, NAFC

Offline dawei

• Contributor
    • My Brothers Rest Here
George Carlin;
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 04:33:40 AM »
Quote from: Brett
Perhaps MR. Carlin is praying fort the wrong thing at least 50% of the time.  God will only grant our requests if they are in agreement with His will. I believe God answers every prayer.  Sometimes we just don't like the answer.  :wink:

God answers ALL Prayer. There are only 3 possible outcomes (answers): YES, NO, or WAIT.

Offline Shorty

George Carlin;
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 06:26:38 AM »
Williamlayton,
Hey, I was just quoting a known blasphemers sacrilege for the bemusement of our atheists.  A bit over the top, I'll admit.

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
George Carlin;
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 02:28:08 PM »
Even if what George said was in jest I wouldn't want to be in his shoes come judgement day. With all the other things that are going on I think he could find something else to talk about. :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline nomosendero

George Carlin;
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 05:27:24 PM »
I read this & thought of other comedians who made Anti- God or
Anti- Christ remarks in resent years (15-25) years ago, give or take a few. Oh yea, a singer too. None of these guys & a gal are around anymore, & if they were, they would not be old. I would mention names,
but God will judge!

No doubt, repentance should be a high priority!!
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline williamlayton

George Carlin;
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2005, 08:18:47 PM »
Shorty-
I had no clue to the fact that you did not agree, that was the reason for the reply.
Thanx for the tip and I apologize.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline Shorty

George Carlin;
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2005, 10:49:21 AM »
Williamlayton,
I took no offense.
But I was surprised that anyone, especially one of your maturity, might not even know of George Carlins reputation. :lol:  8)

Offline williamlayton

George Carlin;
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2005, 02:21:45 PM »
Iknow what you are saying and I agree, I was mistaken when I thought you were advocating his thoughts.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline winman

• Avid Poster
George Carlin;
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2005, 02:01:48 AM »
Hey, he's just a comedian, laugh at him then follow your own beliefs.  I work with lots of comedians in my office every day.  They are just that, comedians, and I treat them as such.

Offline BlkHawk73

• GBO Supporter
George Carlin;
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2005, 04:35:36 AM »
You guys take it way too seriously.  I'm sure you lll follow the exact words of the Bible and alway do unto others and turn the other cheeck right?  No?  hypocrite?  
  I'm not a steady church goer, haven't been in years.  Was raised beleiving what I was told about God and the Bible.  However, when eveyone start spouting off about His absolute power and judgement dy and "the Bible say..."  I gotta laugh.  Why do e believe the Bible rather than greek or roman mythology?  All are unproven stories told to explain things that otherwise could'ne be explained.  We have what we have now because of the ruling powers of England and the suppression of the other beliefs.  When I pass on, maybe I'll chnage my mind, until then...

Not saying I don't believe just saying...  there's more than one path leading to the sea.
"Never Surrender, Just Carry On."  - G.S.

Offline nomosendero

George Carlin;
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2005, 08:57:09 AM »
BlkHawk73

Actually I do try to follow the words of the Bible, that is why I said he
needs to repent. If I did not believe in turning the other cheek, I would
have said he is toast & there is nothing he can do.

I can relate to what you said about being raised to believe certain things
& the Bible, that happened to me & I was just told to believe without
anyone really explaining Biblical matters to me. As a result for many years
I rebelled & went my own way. Fortunately for me, due to a series of events I decided to study the Bible, I mean really study & this after being
taught in Liberal Universities by "experts" things started to become quite clear to me.

As far as hypocrites is concerned, they are in every town, religious & secular. I have learned that Liberal Seculars are the most prevalent
hypocrite of all. They preach tolarence but show the opposite if anyone
shows up with a Conservative, Christian View.

For any of us, study & soul searching is in order. In America, we have the
right  to worship or to not worship.

Good luck on your journey to the sea.
You will not make peace with the Bluecoats, you are free to go.

Offline williamlayton

George Carlin;
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2005, 12:46:36 PM »
Blkhawk
All of this was my fault--OK!
I took the post for something it was not intended to be.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline powderman

George Carlin;
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2005, 03:02:03 AM »
George carlin is crude and vulgar. I doubt there is anything he wouldn't say or do for a laugh. There will come a day when he may well regret taking God so lightly.
Blkhwk. When you pass on your decisions concerning your previous life and future will have already been made, Choose wisely Sir. Saying OOOOOPPPPPS, isn't gonna help. POWDERMAN.  :D  :D  :D  :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Only half the people leave an abortion clinic alive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAiOEV0v2RM
What part of ILLEGAL is so hard to understand???
I learned everything about islam I need to know on 9-11-01.
http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDqmy1cSqgo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_u9kieqGppE&feature=related
http://www.illinois.gov/gov/contactthegovernor.cfm

Offline BlkHawk73

• GBO Supporter
George Carlin;
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2005, 04:07:46 AM »
williamlayton, no apologies neccessary.  I saw your post for what it was intended.   Too bad other's can't lighten up and see that also.  I'll start putting more faith in the wrods of God when someone can actually prove they were as such.  Lke I said, the mordern beliefs are simply what was allowed to be taught and expected to be followed stemming from the old old English systems.  They're NOT proven any more so than the ancient myths and legends.  Prove it all to me and I'll believe.  I just see way too many people preaching and attempting to make everyone believe that their way (usually the catholic) is the only and best way.  Yeah, tell that to the alter boys all those perverted priest screwed up for life.   No disrepect to those having thier beliefs and following thier path in life.  Have a great deal of espect for the "good" people of the cloth.   Just don't preach one thing and do another.

Oh, i like Carlin.  NO BS point of view on life.  Judge me how you wish but remember about passing judgement... :wink:

Offline williamlayton

George Carlin;
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2005, 01:25:26 PM »
There is one faith and one salvation, Christ Jesus is God, the beginning and the end.
Proof from me? Ask God as I and others have done, He is the one you and I are dealing with.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline BlkHawk73

• GBO Supporter
George Carlin;
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2005, 01:50:12 PM »
What makes one faith and belief right and any and all others wrong?  What makes the stories (myths) of the Bible true to thier word and those of the Egyptians, Greeks and Romans untrue?  

Christ Jesus is God, the beginning and the end

Hmmm, thought Jesus Christ was the son of God.  Not one in the same.  If he is the one and only and has been since the beginning, why i it that all the pre-history cultures didn't recognize this?  You really don't see this one God as the only diety until it was forced upon society through the pursuasion of improsonment or death by the English rulers.  
  I have absolutely NOTHING against the Christain belief.  I am in fact a Christian person.  My issues lie within the Catholic sect of grred and sexual deviance.  It's church has become more than a gathering of shared religious interests and more of a unicorporated tax evasive business.  It's all for show to impress and to make those behind the scenes live more comfortable than those that follow thier words, and of course for the lawyers helping to keep the child molesting priests out of prison.  

No need to try and convince me otheriwse.  Just like you, I have and will not alter from my beliefs regardless of what someone with a holy book tries to tell me.  You'll meet your end and go where you want. I'll meet mine and go somewhere too.  Maybe both to the same place.  After all...open arms and all are welcome.  :wink:

Offline williamlayton

George Carlin;
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2005, 04:46:52 PM »
You are mistaken in your history.
Christ Jesus said that you would die in your sins if you did not believe that he was/is who he said he is. The jewish leadership understood what he was saying and they wanted to stone him because they did not want to believe it, though many did.
Christ jesus came to the world not to judge it but to save it but he set the precedent for this salvation.
The Trinity.
God is one, there is none before him or after him, He exist for all time, he is eternal and he has never left his throne.
Christ Jesus, purely God, eternal, none before him or after him and he left his throne and became man to serve as a sacrifice/ransom for the sins of man and returned to his throne in heaven.
The Holy spirit, purely God, eternal, none before, none after and he is in the world today to convict and draw man to Christ Jesus for the purpose of salvation and he lives in all who believe.
No contradictions or gods here, one God, eternal, without generations or regeneration who is and who exist forever as the same person.
That is not as difficult as knowing that God knows us before were were ever, what we will do and he sees it from the beginning to the end and from the end to the beginning.
Blessings
TEXAS, by GOD

Offline BlkHawk73

• GBO Supporter
George Carlin;
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2005, 02:45:34 AM »
Ok,  Prove it!  Show me hard proof that this individual actually said all the things the Bible claims he said.  Can't.   It's all nothing more than a collection of writings that after being verbally told year after year, generation after generation were finally written in a single collective format - the Bible.  
   What I'm asking is why are these stories any more truthful than other stories as told by other civilizations?    
  No need to repeatedly tell how He is our saviour and is and has been the One forever.  That's simply the common attempt to push beliefs onto others to follow like lemmings into "salvation"  But wait, for proof I' supposed to ask God for something.  Well if I don't recieve an answer is that meaning thee is no God?  Oh no, I'll just recieve my answer in an indirect manner so as to allow me to learn and answer my own inquiry.   :roll:
  Sorry, sir but the church has become a money hungry tax evasive corportaion.  Why else do they insist on such high mnetary donations and look down upon those unable to give much?  Need to atone for a "sin" just give 'em some cash.  Know people that wanted a church wedding but had been divorced a no-no for the catholic church.  Funny how after "donating" $20,000 the church was ok with it.   Milk the lemmings.

Offline powderman

George Carlin;
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2005, 03:32:23 AM »
BLKHWK. I have to go to work now, but I'll try to respond tonight. You have alot of misconceptions about God. POWDERMAN.  :D  :D
Mr. Charles Glenn “Charlie” Nelson, age 73, of Payneville, KY passed away Thursday, October 14, 2021 at his residence. RIP Charlie, we'll will all miss you. GB

Offline BlkHawk73

• GBO Supporter
George Carlin;
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2005, 03:52:31 AM »
Quote from: powderman
BLKHWK. I have to go to work now, but I'll try to respond tonight. You have alot of misconceptions about God. POWDERMAN.  :D  :D

No need sir,  you have your beliefs and perceptions and I have mine.  I'm not likely to change your's and you won't alter mine. Be follow and believe what we've been taught to believe and follw.  Some like myself, just see things different and choose not to conform to the lemming leaders.  Preaching to explain the way things "are" is wasted effort.  Take care yourself and may you too be blessed.  :-)

:bye:

Offline powderman

George Carlin;
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2005, 05:03:45 PM »
BLKHWK. I believe that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and was born of the virgin Mary. I believe that he performed many miracles during his short life on this earth, including, turning the water into wine, walking on the water, raising the dead, casting out demons and evil spirits, healing the sick, and making the blind to see. I believe he suffered a horrible death to save all mankind, that he arose on the 3rd day, and that he lives today. I believe that he is the Messiah spoken of throughout the Bible again and again by different prophets, in different centuries. Was I taught these things??? Yes, of course. Have I read these things??? Yes, I have, many times. I believe these things not just for those reasons, I believe them because I feel them in my heart. I've seen too many prayers answered in a positive way NOT to believe. I've been pulled from the jaws of death twice. Once in 98, ruptured appendix, drs said I should have died. Again in 2003, heart attack, bypass surgery, I died on the table. I was not a bit afraid as long as I knew  that my church was praying for me. Surgery was to be at 1130 am, they changed it to 730 am. The dr said that he hoped it wouldn't be inconvenient upping the surgery. I said that it was. He asked why. I said, this operation will take about 4 hrs, he said yes. I told him that my church would be praying for me at 1130, and by then I'd either be in recovery, or dead. About 1130 they  put me all back together and gave me a shot of blood thinner, it stopped my heart, I was technically dead for several minutes. My point is, those prayers were right on time after all. When I first opened my eyes in recovery I was elated, I was alive, then I felt ashamed that I had doubted. I'm not pushing, or trying to change you, well, maybe a little. I just wanted you to see why I believe as I do. My brother in law was told he would be in a wheel chair in 3 months, and dead in 6. That was 15 years ago. Too many prayers answered for me to doubt Gods existence, his healing powers, or his love. POWDERMAN.   :D  :D  :D  :D