Author Topic: Coyote with Topper Deluxe Classic  (Read 535 times)

Offline je265

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • Contributor
Coyote with Topper Deluxe Classic
« on: November 25, 2005, 01:06:17 PM »
Shot a coyote today with my new Topper Deluxe Classic. Shot was about 30 yds and hit him with Remington 3" Hevi-shot size B. The coyote never knew what hit him and didn't even twitch. There have been alot of complaints about coyotes in my area bothering dogs and horses and of course lots of missing cat signs everywhere. I'm having good luck getting permission to hunt them, much easier than getting permission to hunt deer.
Jim

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2005, 01:33:08 PM »
Good for you Jim!!! There are (to) many coyotes here on Cape Cod but the tree huggers don't want them shot, they want to "co-exist" with them. I guess that means feed them your cats and small dogs and let them attack and bite your child at the bus stop (Sandwich, Mass/Cape Cod, last year) or attack and bite you on the arm in your own backyard (Marstons Mills, Mass/Cape Cod, this summer)....<><.... :shock:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2005, 01:49:14 PM »
Good going. I lost a little dog to coyotes out in colorado back in the 80's.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2005, 01:07:44 AM »
Congratulations je265! That's an awful pretty gun to be hunting them coyotes with, but I guess you didn't get any complaints from that one. :grin:  Good luck on the rest of 'em. :wink:
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline je265

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (56)
  • Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2005, 10:23:53 AM »
It's funny that you mention that Busta because I was really looking for the standard Topper with the screw in choke but couldn't find one so I "settled" on this one. I really wanted the chokes to try and pattern different types of coyote ammo. I'm taking this gun with me on Monday (opening day of Mass Shotgun for deer) as I found it patterns 00 Buckshot really well. I've been after a nice 8 ptr. with my bow but no shots so I might try and take him with the shotgun. I'ts funny because I have a Browning Gold with a Leupold scope that shoots Lightfield slugs great but I'm more excited about trying to get him with this single shot at close range. I'll post pictures if I get him.