Author Topic: I Must Admit  (Read 427 times)

Offline JPH45

• Trade Count: (0)
I Must Admit
« on: November 26, 2005, 05:10:17 PM »
That for all of NEF's failings, they have done a much better than average job of responding to their customers requests.

We complained about the lousy ejection, and they replaced the ejectors with mechanical extractors. May not be the best for fastest second shot, but you don't have to carry a cleaning rod out in the feild either.

They were going to discontinue the 357 Mag barrel, but made another run of them on seeing our disappointment with this decision.

They made a 7.62x39 barrel.

They are going to offer a 35 Whelen barrel.

They are changing the rifling twist of the 223 barrel from 1:12 to 1:9.

Those are some pretty big changes for a company marketing a product aimed at the beginner/low income market. Perhaps it is time to recognize this and say a big Thanks!
Boycott Natchez Shooters Supplies, Inc

Offline quickdtoo

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (149)
I Must Admit
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2005, 05:20:30 PM »
Yup!!
"Always do right, this will gratify some and astonish the rest" -  Mark Twain

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
I Must Admit
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2005, 02:10:26 AM »
As busy as they appear to be, they have always answered my questions to satisfaction and on two occaisions have sent me small replacement parts at no cost.

Have a great day!

EVOC ONE

Offline RemingtonMagnum

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
NEF
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2005, 02:31:10 AM »
YOu could say Million Dollar Representation to clients on a Shoe String budget.

Don Jackson Remington magnum

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
I Must Admit
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2005, 05:10:54 AM »
:agree: , I agree, the CS people are top shelf as is their willingness to work with we the consumers. Now it seems the company itself is trying to work with us. Hats off to John, Jennifer, Gordon, and Mary in CS, they have kept many of us here loyal, repeated, and satisfied, NEF/H&R customers, and a big thanks to NEF/H&R/Marlin for listening and being willing work with the wants and desires of their customer base!!!!....<><....  :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline myarmor

• Trade Count: (46)
I Must Admit
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2005, 06:00:19 AM »
Yeap what JPH says is true. They have made many decisions for the Handi lover and Budget minded consumer. And perhaps it doens't seem to happen as fast as we would like then to be addressed, and it's easy to say what they "should" be doing.
I would just think that whoever answers the question as to how long the barrel will be made for a caliber to be offered in, would look just a little deeper into the ballistics of the caliber in question.
Such as Macs recent poll on 26" barrels offered in 308, 270 and 30-06.
I am now saving for a 26" 308 Bull Barrel in a bolt action.
-Aaron

Offline bladerunner

• Trade Count: (2)
  • A Real Regular
I Must Admit
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2005, 06:09:46 AM »
I agree...HATS OFF TO NEF IN GENERAL AND CUSTOMER SERVICE IN PARTICULAR    :D  :grin:  :-)
Good shot placement + well constructed bullet = DEAD

Matt B.