Poll

Button Bucks or Spike buck, Let them walk or shoot them??

Shoot them
14 (37.8%)
Let them walk
23 (62.2%)

Total Members Voted: 37

Voting closed: November 29, 2005, 01:47:44 AM

Author Topic: Button Bucks or spike buck, Let them walk or shoot them??  (Read 2042 times)

Offline varmit_master

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Button Bucks or spike buck, Let them walk o
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2005, 06:49:23 PM »
Here they have to have 3 points on one side. So we cant shoot the button bucks or spikes.VM :roll:

Offline clodbuster

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
young bucks
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2005, 10:23:57 AM »
I only shoot does (for meat) or a mountable buck.
Preserve the Loess Hills!!!

Offline Johnny Reb

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2005, 01:36:29 PM »
Victorcharlie,

Sorry for the misunderstanding.  I guess I don't really consider myslef a meat hunter or a trophy hunter, just a hunter.  I just really, really love to hunt (as I'm sure most of us do.)  The meat for the freezer and the occasional rack for the wall are just added bonuses to being able to get out in the woods for a while, and be away from the aggrevations of every day life.  One day my wife asked me if I could pick a way to die, what would it be.  I told her at an old age, while trying to drag the biggest buck I'd ever killed out of the woods (at least I know I'd die happy.)  I don't think that was the answer she wanted, but it was the truth.  Man I love this stuff, unfortunatley my season ends tomorrow.  Good luck to all who still have hunting left to do.
Proud member of the vast right wing conspiracy

Not fooled by the liberal media

Offline victorcharlie

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2005, 02:02:11 PM »
Quote from: Johnny Reb
Victorcharlie,

One day my wife asked me if I could pick a way to die, what would it be.  I told her at an old age, while trying to drag the biggest buck I'd ever killed out of the woods (at least I know I'd die happy.)  I don't think that was the answer she wanted, but it was the truth.  Man I love this stuff, unfortunatley my season ends tomorrow.  Good luck to all who still have hunting left to do.

I've had a few friends die in the field, while hunting behind their hounds.......I too, can't think of a better way to go........well, maybe die in my sleep while dreaming of hunting.............

The gun season closes here on the 4th.....opens back up on the 17th.....goes through the 8th of Jan.........still got awhile..........The beagles are hoping I fill the tag so they can get in the field............
"Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice. Tolerance in the face of tyranny is no virtue."
Barry Goldwater