Author Topic: Pardner Pump rifled bore 12ga at Gander Mountain?  (Read 499 times)

Offline JoeLansing

• Trade Count: (0)
Pardner Pump rifled bore 12ga at Gander Mountain?
« on: November 29, 2005, 03:38:08 PM »
I saw these a couple weeks ago for $180.  Any reviews on them?  Accuracy?  If it's accuracy is close to an Ultra Slugger I want one!  hmmmm  did they put a decent scope mount on it ready to go?  I'm guessing they did.  NEF H&R usually is a bang for the buck kinda place..:)  -  Joe

Offline JoeLansing

Pardner Pump rifled bore 12ga at Gander Mou
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2005, 03:42:04 PM »
After a little more searching I found out it's a Chinese copy of the Remington 870.  That might not be a bad thing..  -  Joe

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2005, 04:06:45 PM »
I wouldn't buy one, but if I were in the market for a pump slug gun I'd buy an 870. I have a wingmaster smoothbore with rifle sights and an 870 express synthetic with a cantileveed mout hastings barrel that have served me well in the past. I use a H&R topper deluxe slug now and plan on getting an ultra sometime in the future. The chinese pump is not a close enough copy to exchange parts. These guns have been discussed ad nauseum in the past. I still have yet to hear an actual review of the slug gun.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline JoeLansing

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2005, 02:17:01 PM »
Now that I think about it, isn't H&R/NEF supposed to be american made?  I saw a junk chinese pump for $119 at Dunham's.  It's front bead had fallen out and left a hole.  The salesman was about 19 and didn't know anything.  I told him "nice hole" and pointed to where the bead had fallen out.  He said what's the hole for?  I told him it was a muzzle brake to let gasses out so it didn't kick as bad...:)    I hope he didn't try to sell it to the next customer and point out the nice muzzle brake as a selling point.  -  Joe

Offline Little Magnum

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 10:45:48 PM »
There Stamped MADE IN CHINA !....I spend a little more and get the real deal.