Author Topic: Commercial MYSTERY swager HELP  (Read 1053 times)

Offline wcb_gabe

• Trade Count: (0)
Commercial MYSTERY swager HELP
« on: November 30, 2005, 08:28:11 PM »
Hi all hope you can help me identify this unit.  Bought it from a guy who sold it for a guy that is now out of the bullet business.  Need to locate the manufacture so I can get myself a manual and get it up and running(hopefully).  If any of you have a manual or know someone who does that would be fantastic as it might as well just be a bronze sculpture with what I know about it now.
Best Regards, Gabe

Offline talon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2005, 04:40:09 AM »
Perhaps you can email Richard Corbin at RCE Company and have him come to this site and take a look at your machine (he doesn't accept email attachments). He's been around before dirt and if anyone knows who built this puppy, he does. Who knows, he may even be able to fix it for you.  8)

Offline jcunclejoe

• Avid Poster
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2005, 12:39:20 PM »
I worked at Nosler as a tooling engineer for 6 years. This piece looks quite familiar, especially the hopper/feeder mechanism. I do not know the piece personally but most machines like this were made and or modified by bullet companies for their specific needs. You may never find a manual for it, if one even exists.

The best thing you could hope for is a data plate on the cabinet or somewhere on the frame. That might get you a manual for one component of the machine. I would really doubt there is any manual for the complete system.

Where are you located? What caliber is it set up for?

The hopper/ feeder is for feeding in jackets/cups or leads depending on the design intent of the original owner.

I do know a machinist that built nearly all of the machines at Nosler and he could probably help you with the mechanical portions and even make tooling, but he is located in Bend, Oregon.

Nice machine. If you cannot find anything would you be willing to sell it?
Joe

Offline wcb_gabe

Re: Commercial MYSTERY swager HELP
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 06:49:40 AM »
Joe,
I'd be willing to sell or trade.  Have been too busy casting bullets to play around with it- without instuctions I've been leary of messing with it.  Afraid of breaking something.  According to the guy I bought it from it works.  As to caliber there are a bunch of different dies that appear to go with it but I have now clue which calibers they are.

I'm in Wyoming... email teton_sky@yahoo.com if anyone is interested.
Gabe