Author Topic: Vent rib 12ga. in the accessory barrel program?  (Read 606 times)

Offline rnoll

• Trade Count: (0)
Vent rib 12ga. in the accessory barrel program?
« on: December 02, 2005, 06:34:15 PM »
Would like to shoot trap and I am interested in putting the topper deluxe classic barrel on my new Handi frame. Called H&R and they told me to call back at the end of January. Is that code for we are going to offer this barrel next year? Does anyone have the inside track on the time line H&R goes from whole rifle to the barrel accessory list? :?

Offline Busta

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (5)
Vent rib 12ga. in the accessory barrel prog
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 02:33:22 PM »
rnoll,

I was sure that I had read where someone had this barrel fitted but maybe it was one that someone purchased and fitted themselves.

Can anyone help solve this mystery, please? Anyone had a TDC barrel fitted?
U.S.A.F. Veteran
NRA Life Member

Offline 35Rem

• Trade Count: (7)
  • A Real Regular
    • Remington Model 8 and 81 Autoloading Rifles
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 04:43:17 PM »
I had enquired a few months ago about a 20 ga.  they said to write down "20 ga Vent", or "Vent Rib" on the order form, as they didn't have a number for it yet.  They may currently be out of stock, that's why they may have said January.  You should be able to order one, though.
Remington Model 8 and 81 Autoloading Rifles
http://thegreatmodel8.remingtonsociety.com/
Vintage Semiauto Rifles
http://vintagesemiautorifle.proboards105.com/index.cgi

Offline Tcallbuilder

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 01:55:19 AM »
I called c/s in oct. ( I think? ) anyway they told me that they did not have a part number on the vent rib barrel, at that time, but to just wright topper vent rib on the order form.

A friend sent his frame off for two one for his and one for mine...It took about 4 weeks to get them in.

I dont know about availabilty....they may be out of stock at this time but they will fit the 12ga. barrel.

By the way they told me when I called that the 20ga. probably would'nt be available till spring 06.

TCB

Offline Markus

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (15)
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2005, 04:02:12 AM »
My guess is that it was available but they just don't have any in stock right now. I know peopl have nentioned getting them fitted before.
PROUD REDNECK CONSERVATIVE

I'd much rather be remembered for being a great shot than having the most expensive gun

Offline rnoll

Vent rib
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2005, 04:34:14 PM »
I have made several calls concerning other issues and have found that some of the girls give different info. I guess some are more experienced or maybe been there longer, and some just rely on whats in front of them on the computer screen. One gentleman there, who's name escapes me, is very helpful and knowledgeable :grin: . One woman who has a really strong New York accent is very impatient and makes you feel your imposing on her time. :x  It may be her voice on the answering machine but maybe not. I will call tomorrow and see if I can get the gentleman. Thanks all of you for your responses! :-)

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2005, 05:58:52 PM »
You may be speaking of John, I think he has been out with an injury lately. I hope he is feeling better, he's a great guy....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline rnoll

VR barrel
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2005, 01:08:39 PM »
:grin:  Called and talked to Karen and after I explained the info I got from this posting on Greybeard she remembered that you could get that VR barrel put on your rifle.( Not to imply she lied to me before) Although she would have to get more info. Told me not to send any money until my rifle arrived. Then she would call me. Called back to ask what chamber size the 12 ga. VR would have and got ahold of Mary. She asked the gunsmith and he said 3 ". Told her what was happening and she said send me 92.00 and she would add it to my order. While I was on the phone the gunsmith could not find the barrels where they were supposed to be, while Mary was telling me "None available"  he called back Mary and said he had found them. :-D All this typing to say that Mary and the gunsmith went that little extra effort to help a customer who will be telling people about H&R 1871's wonderful  service. :D