Author Topic: Help with Deer Stand Plans  (Read 602 times)

Offline llgallagher

• Trade Count: (0)
Help with Deer Stand Plans
« on: December 03, 2005, 07:11:40 PM »
Hi All,
I am going to be building an extraordinary deer stand and was wondering if anyone has built one. I wanted any input on what makes a good stand for you, what do you hate about deer stands, how tall a good stand should be, what materials, etc. and from your experiences what you would do over. The stands I am looking for advice from are from six sided-hunter completely sheltered. Anyways, Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Peace,
Lori :D

Offline 379 Peterbilt

• Trade Count: (1)
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2005, 09:38:18 PM »
llgallagher,

Inccorect forum, so it has been moved to the deer hunting forum. This will also generate more traffic, and thus hopefully good replies.

Offline bullet maker

• A Real Regular
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2005, 02:12:13 AM »
Hi llgallagher :D

I build my tower stands from treated lumber, and make the height, according to the landscape. I have some that are 8ft tall, 12ft, and 16ft.
   go to http://cliffdwellers.expage.com . if the site is still available, that is.  I have a picture of one of my 12ft covered stands their.

some of the stands have 4ft floor planes, and some 5 ft floor planes.
The price will be anywhere from 300 dollars to 4 hundred dollars, depending on the size you build them. We enclose them with tarp, so you stay dry during rain. The stands are very heavy, so we build them on site. You dont have to worry about them being stolen, cause they weigh about 1000 lbs.

bullet maker :D
I like to make bullets, handload, shooting of all types, hunting, fishing, taking pictures, reading, grandchildren, 4 wheeling, eating out often.

Offline gleason.chapman

Re: Help with Deer Stand Plans
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2005, 12:14:31 PM »
Quote from: llgallagher
Hi All,
I am going to be building an extraordinary deer stand and was wondering if anyone has built one. I wanted any input on what makes a good stand for you, what do you hate about deer stands, how tall a good stand should be, what materials, etc. and from your experiences what you would do over. The stands I am looking for advice from are from six sided-hunter completely sheltered. Anyways, Thanks in advance for all of your help.

Peace,
Lori :D

Lori,  See my post on this Deer Hunting Forum titled "low cost tree stands for hunting".  Here is a URL to my web site:

http://www.the-gleasons.com/low_cost_tree_stands_for_hunting.htm

They are simple to build and very safe.   Good hunting.  
Chap Gleason Loudoun County Va