Author Topic: core mold diameter  (Read 907 times)

Offline kamotz

• Trade Count: (0)
core mold diameter
« on: December 04, 2005, 09:33:07 AM »
Hello, I am trying to get into swaging paper patch ammo for bpcr. Ive ordered Richard's Walnut Hill press, should receive it after the first of the year. But, I am haveing trouble figureing out what diameter of core mould to get, or swage die, paper thickness because I havent tried PP in it yet. I know in cast bullets, .458 is optimum for my shiloh 45-110.Does anyone else have a .45 cal. shiloh you swage and PP for? if so, what componants works well for you? THANKS kamotz

Offline talon

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (4)
  • A Real Regular
core mold diameter
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2005, 09:54:41 AM »
RCE sells a core die machined to your needs. Call or email Richard, tell him you need a PP bullet die set, it's weight range, and the stile of nose and heal , and let him know the brand/caliber of barrel and type of paper you'll be wrapping with. It should be priced the same as any LSWC type die he sells. Your use of the term 'core' mold doesn't apply in this case as that term usually applies to cast lead cylinders with flat ends. 8)

Offline rbt50

• www.copperheadcustomswaging.com
pp
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2005, 05:38:37 AM »
i have a 45/110 that i swage paper patch bullets for.i use .448 smooth side bullets cup base and paper that is .023 to .025 .
you can make your cores .390 or .430 dia or buy lead wire.
if you make smooth side bullets you need core swage die to adj the weight and then the point form die.
if you go to richard or dave corbin "s web page their is a lot of inf their.
www.rceco.com  
www.corbins.com

Offline kamotz

core mold diameter
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2005, 06:05:53 PM »
Thanks fellas, rbt50, I just ordered some swaged pp bullets from copperheadcustomswaging with those dimensions.Ill give these a try before ordering swage dies from Richard. I beleive I will go with the lead wire rather than casting cores. Trying to get away from casting anything and into swaging more.Hopefully I can find an economical and ready source of the wire.Thanks again kamotz