Author Topic: Baby Eagle.. from Magnum Research  (Read 692 times)

Offline darrell8937

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Contributor
Baby Eagle.. from Magnum Research
« on: December 13, 2005, 12:15:44 PM »
Just received my new "Baby Eagle" 40 cal,, polymer compact. I like the look and feel of this new gun and also like the added safety feature of the trigger safety disconnect. Can't waite to put the gun thru its paces.. Accuracy,, reliability etc.. I hope it performs well and can be added to the CCW line up. Anyone else shoot one.

Offline chaplain robert

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2005, 04:17:48 PM »
I'm a wheel gun man but the MR baby eagle is the only semi I've ever held that I liked the feel of.  It just seemed naturally balanced.  I don't have one but it is on the wish list.  Let us know how it performs.

Offline darrell8937

• Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 02:00:14 PM »
Shot the baby eagle today..
The first two magazines jammed almost every shot. Using federal 165 gr. hollow points. The round was chambered but slide not go full foward. Switched to WWB.. alittle better but quite a few jams. mostly round tip up and jammed in to the slide. not chambered.. Cleared quite a few.. started getting better as I shot more.. The last two clips were trouble free. Hope it breaks in.. total rounds about 75.. I will buy a couple hundred more and see if it breaks in.  I have read they do not need a break in. Evidence does not support such a conclusion at this time. Alittle disapoined but hopeful. will post follow up. ps. verry accurate.

Offline turbocat

baby eagle
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2006, 06:56:45 PM »
i know this thread is dated, but would like to relate my experience with the baby eagle compact , all steel model in 40SW. i've had it for 4 years or so, since new. i have around 3000 or so rounds through it, mainly win. white box fmj @165gr. for practice. i use 180gr jhp for my carry load. i don't remember ever having a failure for any reason. i only know of one other guy with one, and his has been like mine. if i could change anything, it would be its weight(2#7oz empty)

Offline hogship

• Avid Poster
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 02:19:18 PM »
I got an IMI Baby Eagle full size, all steel, in 9mm.

So far, 400rds through it and it's been trouble free. When I was looking to buy, I was unable to find anyone with less than stellar comments for the Baby Eagle series. Yours has been the first negative I've seen.

I've never heard of a pistol having so many jams, and then straightening itself out with a break-in. Let us know in the future what current status with yours is.......ok?

hog

Great, great, great, great, great grandson of a Revolutionary War Veteran.

--> Bill of RIGHTS, not bill of NEEDS <--

Visit my photo album, Vietnam 1968-69 at: http://www.picturetrail.com/taipan22alpha

Offline darrell8937

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2006, 09:45:27 AM »
Posted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:40 pm    Post subject: Magnum reaserch Baby Eagle    

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a little bit of a rough start, the Baby eagle has proven itself to be accurate and reliable. When I first bought it, it hade quite a few jams with WWB ammo, and some high quality 180 gr defensive rounds. I have now put five hundred rounds thru here and what an improvement. 300 rounds in a day and one jam. and I beleive it was a limp wrist from a friend. Not a single jam in my hands. Accuracy is exceptional for a small pistol. I think I made a good purchase. love it. A lot fun as well. This is the polmer compact in .40 sw, well worth the $$

Offline hogship

• Avid Poster
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2006, 04:49:50 PM »
Update:

I've now got 500rds through mine.

Maybe you guys should have gotten the 9mm!  :D

Lovin' it!

hog
Great, great, great, great, great grandson of a Revolutionary War Veteran.

--> Bill of RIGHTS, not bill of NEEDS <--

Visit my photo album, Vietnam 1968-69 at: http://www.picturetrail.com/taipan22alpha