Author Topic: 41 Magnum  (Read 1426 times)

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
41 Magnum
« on: November 20, 2002, 10:17:52 AM »
On the old fourm someone was looking for loads for 41 mag using a Lee mold.  But they didn't say what grain weight they were casting. There are lots of good loads in the Lyman books, and I've found loads on the internet but we gotta know what bullet weight.  Paco Kelly has provided me some advice and I think both Beartooth Bullets and Cast Performance bullets offer loads for heavy bullets (250-300 grain). Check all the powder manufacturer's websites - they have good starting info.

:-)
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline Dand

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (35)
41 loads
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2002, 09:38:26 AM »
Helms about covered it.  I don't have experience with the tumble lube bullet but I have been satified with  8 to 9 grains of Unique in a 4" SW,  and two 7.5" Rugers.  Can't remember the load but a long time ago I used some AL8 with very good results.
NRA Life

liberal Justice Hugo Black said, and I quote: "There are 'absolutes' in our Bill of Rights, and they were put there on purpose by men who knew what words meant and meant their prohibitions to be 'absolutes.'" End quote. From a recent article by Wayne LaPierre NRA

Offline Steve P

• Trade Count: (10)
41 Magnum
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2002, 07:44:38 AM »
I am loading my blackhawk with 210gc bullets and with 215 plain base.  I would like to try some heavier 250-275 bullets.   I am thinking I would like them.

Steve :wink:
"Life is a play before an audience of One.  When your play is over, will your audience stand and applaude, or stay seated and cry?"  SP 2002