Author Topic: SCENARIO: Cult leader moves into neighborhood.  (Read 1983 times)

Offline superjay01

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Contributor
SCENARIO: Cult leader moves into neighborho
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2006, 03:00:48 AM »
I was going off of what the scenario said about them comming down steps. I wasn't assume anything, because I can make up anything then.  The only problem I have with a back in a corner is that you have 20 maybe 21 rounds to save your life if there is more than 21 bad guys your going to be dead.  In my opinion I would rather be close to an escape route so I can get out quick.
Chance favors the prepared mind

Offline jimster

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2006, 10:58:28 AM »
Human nature works both ways...
I got 50 bucks says if 20 people are bent on killing you, and you pop a couple of heads,  they scatter like flies and run.  No matter how bad they all are.  I think it's possible to get a little bit carried away with these scenerios here.

So OK...lets say there were a room full of people that all they wanted to do was kill you, and you blew a couple of their brains out, and they just kept coming with a wild look in their eyes....and all you had was 14 rounds in a room with 20 people...

Just wake up, it's a dream.  LOL!!

Offline WmRoy

• A Real Regular
    • Gun Collectors Forum
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2006, 12:17:07 PM »
Quote from: jimster
Human nature works both ways...
I got 50 bucks says if 20 people are bent on killing you, and you pop a couple of heads,  they scatter like flies and run.  No matter how bad they all are.  I think it's possible to get a little bit carried away with these scenerios here.

So OK...lets say there were a room full of people that all they wanted to do was kill you, and you blew a couple of their brains out, and they just kept coming with a wild look in their eyes....and all you had was 14 rounds in a room with 20 people...

Just wake up, it's a dream.  LOL!!

Very likely that once the bad guys realize someone is armed and fighting back they will beat feet!  I apologize, the reference to being in the basement was in a later post (telling the story as they had heard it) and not in the original post.  I still would rather have my back to a wall.... just call me Wild Bill.......... Hitchcock that is............ :D  :-D

Offline S.S.

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2006, 04:29:38 AM »
I think the percentage of 1 shot stops with a 40 S&W hovers around 60%
so I think the person in the story is going to have a bad day..
Best advice is to "Plow the Row" between you and the door clearing a path and depart the building. More room to maneuver outside, especially if they just have knives. I think this story got started shortly after
the mass suicide by that cult that though a space ship was in the tail of a comet coming to get them. I Don't remember their names.
Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit
"A wise man does not pee against the wind".

Offline Gregory

« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2006, 07:11:21 AM »
You have a greater probabillity of being killed by a deranged nurse in a NJ hospital than by a cult.

This is a TRUE story:

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/02/nyregion/02cnd-cullen.html?ex=1298955600&en=b6c8b3673d9d4712&ei=5088&partner=rssnyt&emc=rss
Greg

NRA Endowment Life Member
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Second Amendment, U.S. Constitution (1791)

Offline Sir Knight

• Share what you know & learn what you don't.
    • Triple-F Ranch
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2006, 04:10:08 PM »
Quote from: S.Sumner
I think the percentage of 1 shot stops with a 40 S&W hovers around 60%
so I think the person in the story is going to have a bad day.
According to the 2006 edition of Street Stoppers, the .40S&W one shot stop averages in the high-80's and low-90's with the premium rounds averaging in the high-90's ... the best of any handgun caliber except for the .357mag -- which is pretty much ties with.
The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor because the one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything.