Poll

Which Scope

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: January 22, 2006, 04:03:33 PM

Author Topic: Bushnell 4200  (Read 629 times)

Offline shepherm

• Trade Count: (2)
Bushnell 4200
« on: January 12, 2006, 04:03:33 PM »
Ok I have decided to get one of the 4200's for my Remington 700 22-250. It has a Choate Ultimate Target Stock and the trigger set at 3lbs. I am trying to decide if I should get the 4x16x50 Multi-X, 4x16x40 Multi-x, or 6x24x40 mil dot. I really don't think I need the 6x24 but like the mil dot. On the other hand I really like the 50mm also.  :?  This is my coyote gun but would also like to go shoot parrie dogs in Western Oklahoma sometime. Ok one more question. Bushnell is starting to offer a side focus parallax adjustment and I was wondering if that worth $60 dollars more? I have never used a scope with the side adjustment.
Thanks for any input
Mark Shepherd

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
Bushnell 4200
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2006, 08:49:27 AM »
I would like the50 mm Objective lens.  But the Mil Dot is the best way to go.  Also the side paralex adjustment is well worth the extra cost.  Think about it, your on top of a hill and here come three cayotes.  When they come in getting as close as they will come, and you shoot one at fifty yards.  The rest run then stop out at three hundred yards.  Now you have to change the paralex setting.  Do you want to move the gun, or your head to make the adjustment on the front of the scope and spook the yotes?  With the side adjustment you can make this adjustment with out spooking them, or giving.  away your position.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline shepherm

Bushnell 4200
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 02:09:57 PM »
I just read bushnells website and it says that the the 6x24 has 26in adjustment at one hundred yards, the 4x16x40 has 40in, and 4x16x50 has 50in. Wouldn't this help with the long shots? How many inches do I really need?
Thanks for the help
Mark

Offline NimrodRx

• Contributor
Bushnell 4200
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 04:46:23 PM »
Tell me how you're hunting coyotes.

What is a "long" shot?
"Make mine a double. Whether I'm ordering drinks or shotguns, it's always served me well!"  :toast:  :toast:

"It's been my experience that those who shoot most often, most often shoot well."  T. Roosevelt