Author Topic: I'd like to say Hi!  (Read 662 times)

Offline Inthewoods

• Trade Count: (0)
I'd like to say Hi!
« on: January 14, 2006, 11:13:21 AM »
I just wanted to say a friendly, "Hey ya'll". I've been lurkin' around here and there and just joined GB yesterday. Since when strangers meet, talk of the weather is common so I'll start with that. After about two weeks of really warm temps melting off the accumulated 3 ft. of snow, yesterday was 57, old man winter decided he wasn't done here in these parts. I guess spring is a ways off yet. I included some pics below to support my chosen moniker. I am not new to the outdoors at all but am rather new to these kind of computer things so bear with me. I look forward to making friends here at GB.

I hunt with just about anything and enjoy it all from flinters and bows to CF rifles for freezer meat and the occasional set of horns. I flyfish the best I know how for steelhead and trout though my buddies are far better than I at that. Me and my young 'uns all live for being in the woods. Anyway good to meet ya'll and check out my pics.....

This is less than 50 yards from the house...my back yard. Killed a deer right there one time....

Another one of the woods....

Havn't needed the fire lately, but today it's down to 20....

My wood supply isn't hurting, still burnin left overs from last year. Wood is all I heat with...no furnace.

A couple of "my room"

I apply this phylosophy in general meaning most of the time....

Again, looking forward to conversing here on matters of huntin', shootin' and fishin'....maybe the occasional political discussion. Libs get my blood pressure up though........ :wink:
gun control is good: Proper cheek weld, Slow exhale and a Steady trigger pull.....

Stay The Course For Our Freedom!

Its been all uphill to 40 sumthin...almost lookin' forward to the downhill slide......

Offline Patriot_1776

• A Real Regular
I'd like to say Hi!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 12:55:38 PM »
Nice to hear from ya and welcome to GBO!

I'd like to live someday in the woods like you've got there.  I see some sort of calm and peaceful air in and around areas like that.  Makes me feel warm inside just thinking about spending a nice summer day listenin' to the wind blow through the trees, all covered with green.  Or even the sweet smell of rain and conifers.  Then there is always winter which can make things look absolutely amazing.  At others, it can probably be a real pain when you're snowed in and can't do anything outside.  :lol:

Libs get my blood pressure up though........

That is their primary weapon.  Do your best to not let it get to you; it might cause you to say things that you might later find out were against what you normally think and believe.  That is their game (especially the really rabid ones): to trip you up, point fingers, and then laugh in your face (figuratively speaking in all regards).  

Enjoy the woods out there.

:D
-Patriot
-Patriot

Offline jimster

I'd like to say Hi!
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2006, 12:59:00 PM »
Howdy Inthewoods.
Nice to meet you. And a nice place you have there.
I lurked on this site for a long time before I spoke up. Nice site here, lots of info and helpful people.

Hey, libs get my dander up too sometimes, guess that happens.

You have a nice back yard there!  Makes me think of strolling around with a lever action.  

Nice to meet you Inthewoods.

Jimster

Offline Nightrain52

• A Real Regular
I'd like to say Hi!
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2006, 01:16:06 PM »
Welcome to Graybeards Inthewoods. Lots of nice people here and with all the topics there are on the site lots of good reading. Everyone willing to help the other guy out if he gets in over his head. Enjoy. :D
FREEDOM IS WORTH FIGHTING FOR-ARE YOU WILLING TO DIE FOR IT--------IT'S HARD TO SOAR LIKE AN EAGLE WHEN YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY TURKEYS

Offline Inthewoods

I'd like to say Hi!
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2006, 01:18:47 PM »
Thanks boys, I try not to get into it with the polotics and such. I know what I was taught and it's hard to educate the hardliners on the otherside of the fence. I guess thats what makes the world go 'round. I'd rather spend time huntin' and shootin' and educating my kids after all it's numbers that win political arguments. I got me a few future pro-votes sitting at my supper table......

How's the amatuer gun tinkerin' crowd around here? Got any like me doing my own? Right now this evening I'm working at the preliminary stages of restocking an uppergrade inline muzzleloader. Learning some not seen before lessons too. Like how hard a ruger reciever really is when thread tapping issues are addressed.....but thats another story... :wink:
gun control is good: Proper cheek weld, Slow exhale and a Steady trigger pull.....

Its been all uphill to 40 sumthin...almost lookin' forward to the downhill slide......

Offline magooch

I'd like to say Hi!
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2006, 03:40:01 AM »
Nice to meet ya, Woods.  Can't say I envy you the snow and cold, but I bet it's nice there in the summer.  By the way, where is "there"--approximately?  

I call the Pacific Northwest home, but if I could find a place that's a bit drier and warmer in the winter without being 200 degrees in the summer I might consider it.  Oh, don't bother making suggestions.  Believe me, I've been all over this country and my conclusion is that there are only about a half dozen states that are fit for human habitation.
Swingem

Offline magooch

I'd like to say Hi!
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2006, 03:42:16 AM »
Nice to meet ya, Woods.  Can't say I envy you the snow and cold, but I bet it's nice there in the summer.  By the way, where is "there"--approximately?  

I call the Pacific Northwest home, but if I could find a place that's a bit drier and warmer in the winter without being 200 degrees in the summer I might consider it.  Oh, don't bother making suggestions.  Believe me, I've been all over this country and my conclusion is that there are only about a half dozen states that are fit for human habitation.
Swingem

Offline Inthewoods

I'd like to say Hi!
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2006, 05:34:42 AM »
magooch, nice to meet you.....the winter here is not hard to take with a freezer full of meat and a good wood supply, but not as easy to take as the winter I experienced living in the south. I shy away from the city life so anything else is pretty good on me. In reference to my current longitude/latitude, I'll just say it's a fer piece up the road, for now, till I get to know everyone here. To get to my house ya drive 'bout 5 miles out the road and turn by the big white pine, I'm back in the woods there.....If yer a friend pay no attention to the tresspassers will be shot sign. That's just there to deter unfriendlies anyway..... :wink:  :roll: (like the tax assessor.....) 8)

Offline Inthewoods

I'd like to say Hi!
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2006, 05:36:54 AM »
magooch, nice to meet you.....the winter here is not hard to take with a freezer full of meat and a good wood supply, but not as easy to take as the winter I experienced living in the south. I shy away from the city life so anything else is pretty good on me. In reference to my current longitude/latitude, I'll just say it's a fer piece up the road, for now, till I get to know everyone here. To get to my house ya drive 'bout 5 miles out the road and turn by the big white pine, I'm back in the woods there.....If yer a friend pay no attention to the tresspassers will be shot sign. That's just there to deter unfriendlies anyway..... :wink:  :roll: (like the tax assessor.....) 8)

Offline rockbilly

I'd like to say Hi!
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2006, 03:00:40 AM »
:roll: Welcome!  Hang around and join in, no matter the subject, someone can "educate" you on the issues.

Can you send a little of that snow to West Texas, this 70-80 degree weather is sure taking it's toll on us.  Range fires have killed about 30 people, and massive amounts of property have been destroyed.  A little of that snow (or rain) would sure help. :wink:

Offline Sourdough

• Trade Count: (1)
I'd like to say Hi!
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 09:20:56 AM »
Inthewoods: Welcome, and feel good with that 20 degrees.  It's 42 below here this morning.  It's been in the -30s since the middle of last week.  Havent seen a fox track in a week.  Or any Moose wandering around, too cold I guess.
Where is old Joe when we really need him?  Alaska Independence    Calling Illegal Immigrants "Undocumented Aliens" is like calling Drug Dealers "Unlicensed Pharmacists"
What Is A Veteran?
A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today who no longer understand that fact.

Offline Inthewoods

I'd like to say Hi!
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2006, 09:57:19 AM »
Sourdough,  Ahhh....Alaska. The mecca of all dreams come true....I've heard that it's paradise there, I can only imagine that to be true. I would love a good old fashion sheep hunt with a non-magnum '06 base cartridge in a custom rifle of My own stocking and accurizing. That's a dream for serious consideration. Maybe someday.....