Author Topic: Pardner Pump with 870 stock???  (Read 1278 times)

Offline RackWrangler

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
Pardner Pump with 870 stock???
« on: January 22, 2006, 11:10:52 AM »
I just purchased a new Pardner Pump 12 gauge.  

I was told by the guy behind the counter that the Pardner Pump is an amost exact copy of the 870.  

Is this true?

If that is the case does an aftermarket 870 stock fit on the Pardner Pump?

Does anyone have both that they could test fit and let me know if they line up?

Thanks,
RackWrangler
:lol: Life's too short to not enjoy every minute :lol:

Offline EVOC ONE

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 04:07:26 AM »
When the Pardner Pump first came out I contacted NEF to find out more info.  The gentleman I spoke to was polite and seemed enthusiastic about it.  He said it was copied from the 870 as much as possible without infringing on copyright laws.  He added that although it was made in China.  It is sent back to the states disassembled so that it can be inspected and assembled here.  At the time I called he said the first shipment had been sold out and they were waiting for additional shipments.  He added that the 870 is considered one of the finest pump shotguns ever made and NEF didn't want the re-invent the wheel, they just wanted to offer their customers a decent pump shotgun and a reasonable price.

By the way, the 2006 H&R/NEF catalog shows that the Pardner pump has been redesigned.  It has a small hump at the rear of the reciever like the semi-auto they sell.  Also looks a bit like the Mosseberg 535.  I think it now can shoot 3 1/2 inch shells.

I'm not sure if parts are interchangeable.

Hope this helps a little.

EVOC ONE

Offline DaveH

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2006, 01:34:23 PM »
As far as I know the diferents are enough that the parts are not interchangeable.  Seems if they were Remington would be going out of its way to stop the sell of these imports.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)

Offline RackWrangler

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2006, 01:09:26 PM »
OK, so I finally found a friend that had a 870.  We tested with both the 870 Express and the Wingmaster.  The stocks are an exact match.  We put his stock on my Pardner and mine on his 870.  This means that all stocks designed for the 870 should fit on the Pardner Pump. :eek:

Just thought you'd like to know.

RackWrangler
:lol: Life's too short to not enjoy every minute :lol:

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2006, 02:30:19 AM »
Thanks RackWrangler, I have an 870 so I have no need for one of the H&R pumps but that's good info to know....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley