Author Topic: 10 GA. factory choke tubes  (Read 594 times)

Offline ridgerunner835

• Trade Count: (0)
10 GA. factory choke tubes
« on: January 23, 2006, 01:37:53 PM »
hey all,still waiting to get out and shoot my new 10 ga. pardner,still have to find some shells first though :grin: ...does any one happen to know what the constriction of the factory extra full 10GA. choke tubes are?im thinking about buying an aftermarket of somekind,and was just wondering what the one that came in my gun is....the hastings .675 seem to be good,im also looking at the wad wizard terrorizer and the colonial arms elite series ported which i have had good results with before in my 12ga. mossberg 835...what do you all think and what have you had good results with? :) thanks for any info you can give me. :)

Offline waltcowan

« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2006, 10:51:45 AM »
my 10 ga choke mikes out .777 breach side and .719 on the muzzle side. +/- .001. that come out to about .058 con. i plan to pattern it with 4,5,and 6 shot at 40 yards to see what works. just incressed the lop to 15" and replaced the steel bar ( inside the stock) with a lead one. i can't find out who makes the factory choke. if i can get the factory choke to pattern, i plan on putting a red dot and going from there.

Offline ridgerunner835

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 06:49:01 AM »
thanks for the info Waltcowan,havent bought any shells for mine yet,but as soon as i do im going to try pattering mine with the factory choke just to see what it will do and if im not satisfied with mine on 40 yrds,im going to look more into an aftermarket tube,im still studying on which one i want to try 8) ,the wad wizard terrorizer extended is still looking like it might be on the top of my list...im also going to look for a white or at least a more visible front bead,let me know how yours does,ill do the same :wink:

Offline presdme

• Avid Poster
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 03:18:14 AM »
The factory tube on mine  would not hold  a pattern past 30 yards. I tried all kinds of shells. I ordered a kicks gobblin thunder in 695,{ better} sent it back for 690 {better} and sent it back for a 680{best by far} Now with winchester turkey loads I can shoot out to 50 yards. The only problem now is at 20 yards the pattern is real tight!! Hope this helps.
                       GOOD HUNTIN!!

Offline trky chsr

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2006, 03:20:36 PM »
With mine I found the Hastings ported .690 works the best. It likes the Win High velocity #4s. With this combo it's an easy 50yd gun.

Offline waltcowan

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2006, 11:18:45 AM »
still looking for someone that the factory choke works for. realy would like some feed back on what works with this choke. looking to get a cly. bore choke so i can try some slugs in this beast.

Offline ridgerunner835

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2006, 03:55:35 PM »
thanks guys for all of your responses,im going to try to get me some shells for mine and go shooting next week while im off,i decided to try the factory tube first and if i dont like it,im going to get some kind of  after market tube,im still trying to decide 8) ill get back with ya!

Offline ridgerunner835

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 11:01:41 AM »
well,got another question,does anyone know the thread size on the bead sight on these NEF shotguns?i have found a good looking shotgun bead sight at bass pro shops.com and also at macks prarie wings-http://www.mackspw.com/item.asp?im=TRG954+A+GRN&d=TruGlo_Starbrite_Deluxe_Bead_Gun_Sight   looks like it would be a better visible sight than what is on these guns,i may put a scope on mine sometime,but i probably wont  this year.i have never had a scope on a shotgun before,but as i get older i see the need more and more....  8) ///lol. thanks for any info.

Offline ridgerunner835

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2006, 10:52:23 AM »
hey guys finally got around to shooting my NEF 10 today.all i need now is a better Xfull choke tube.i compared the NEF to my 835 with its .689 colonial arms ported choke tube,shooting 3 1/2" win. HV shells and at 40 yrds.the 835 outpatterend the 10GA.i believe with a better choke tube the 10Ga. will be a good'un,well its a good'un now,it will be better with a .690 choke tube from kicks;).i put a hyviz front bead on mine also,like it much better than the small bead that came on it.i love the way this gun shoulders and the bead lines right up when it is shouldered.thanks again guys for all of your tip and info.