Author Topic: What is the best buy for the $$ in a 12 ga SxS ?  (Read 1707 times)

Offline Whiskey

• Trade Count: (0)
What is the best buy for the $$ in a 12 ga SxS ?
« on: January 25, 2006, 01:34:14 PM »
I'm looking at the Stoeger Arms coach gun. Located a used on for $265 thats in OK shape. Its got the satin nichel finish. Sound like a deal?

What about exposed hammers vs. non? This one has non-exposed.
"Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance."   :grin:

Offline howdy doody

• Contributor
What is the best buy for the $$ in a 12 ga
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 06:46:40 AM »
Lot's of folks use the Stoegers. They have some issues, like firing pin problems, but you can easily get them fixed. The new Remington Spartans are what used to be the Bounty Hunters. They are real stout, but they don't fall open very easy to reload, but again, there are cures. I think Stoegers aim better. The price for a good used one of either is about what you have found.
Say, are you up and shooting? If you come down towards Bakersfield we have a great club here at 5 Dogs. There are many in the Valley as you might already know.
yer pard,
Howdy Doody

Darksider from Doodyville USA

Offline Whiskey

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2006, 01:47:41 PM »
Quote from: howdy doody
Say, are you up and shooting? If you come down towards Bakersfield we have a great club here at 5 Dogs. There are many in the Valley as you might already know.
Shooting now. Gonna visit 5 Dogs soon FWIW. Want to start horseback soon. Do they do that at 5 Dogs?

Stoeger has extractors as opposed to ejectors, right? Is this rule enforced? Guess I'm OK with Stoeger in any case?
"Timing has a lot to do with the outcome of a rain dance."   :grin:

Offline hellbilly075

• Trade Count: (2)
spartan gunworks
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2006, 01:30:12 AM »
I just got a spartan sxs spr210 28" bbl and i love it, heavy duty and it shoots 2 3/4 or 3". anyone else? -hellbilly :twisted:
I break for animals, I eat them and wear their skins.

Offline Oklahomabound

• Retired and Piddlin' - Hunting, flyfishing, etc.
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2006, 05:12:13 PM »
I shoot a Baikal Bounty Hunter II sxs, 12 gauge, with external hammers...  had to be torn down, cleaned really well, parts polished, and it is a good shooting gun....
The wife shoots a Stoeger sxs, 20 gauge, coach gun supreme.  Really good shooter out of the box......
NRA Life Member
ITSASS
SASS Life Member
WartHog

Offline timothy

• Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 05:00:20 PM »
I think the Spartans are the best lookling of the lot. Its the only one with a true splinter forarm. I have the coach model and am thinking of adding a fullsize for hunting.

Offline BlkHawk73

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2006, 05:26:15 AM »
Looking at what to get for  SxS for CAS myself.  Was gonna go with a Stoeger until I spied the CZ offerings they're importing.  Made by Huglu.  Appear to have a much nicer finish and better wood.  Cost more than the others but fit and finish mean something to me.  Not just going for the lowest price.  Available with and without hammer.  Gotta see what type of safety they have (manual or automatic)
"Never Surrender, Just Carry On."  - G.S.