Author Topic: 6.5 WSSM  (Read 1175 times)

Offline triggerman

• Trade Count: (0)
6.5 WSSM
« on: January 27, 2006, 09:20:10 AM »
Have a 25 wssm that will not shoot wondering if anyone as tried one of the pac nor barrels in 6.5 wssm

Offline Nobade

• Trade Count: (2)
6.5 WSSM
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 02:29:22 AM »
It ought to work fine, but have you tried all the other stuff first - bedding, stock fits, scope bases, good scope, etc? I'd been thinking a 6.5 WSSM would be fun for F class, but not sure how big I'd make the chamber's neck. That brass is way too thick as it comes, probably want to turn it so it's .014 or so thick on a side and set it up for that.
"Give me a lever long enough, and a place to stand, and I'll break the lever."

Offline Lone Star

• Reformed Gunwriter
6.5 WSSM
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2006, 03:14:27 AM »
I don't have a .25 WSSM, but the reports I've read on-line indicate it may not have some of the accuracy issues the .223 and .243 WSSMs had.  What kind of accuracy are you getting in what rifle, and with what loads?  Perhaps we can help with the current barrel.

If you want to rebarrel, PacNor has a good rep for accurate barrels, although I've not used them personally.  I've stuck with Hart, Lilja and Jarrett - these have been just outstanding in all the calibers I've rebarreled my rifles to.  Super accurate, easy to clean, great quality.  Keep in mind that even the best barrel needs to be chambered and mounted perfectly...something that few local 'gunsmiths' can do, IME anyway.

Offline RockZ

Re: 6.5 WSSM
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 02:33:37 PM »
I just got a 6.5 wssm from pac-nor.
I should be able to shoot it next week.
I'll let you know how it goes.