Author Topic: Any new news's with Winchester???  (Read 7566 times)

Offline msorenso

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Any new news's with Winchester???
« Reply #60 on: March 20, 2006, 03:50:12 AM »
Cecil, I see what your saying, sorry about that..  I guess all I can say is that they took it off the main page on some models.  I assume since there are so many being purchased new (70, 1300, 94s) that until the year is over with or after march 31 this will not change. JMO. :D
LIVE FREE OR DIE

Offline Old Griz

« Reply #61 on: March 20, 2006, 06:35:30 PM »
:cb2: Cecil;

As long as there are still guns out there in warehouses and dealers backrooms waiting to be sold, they will still be advertising them.
Griz
<*}}}><

I Cor. 2.2 "For I determined not to know anything among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified."

Offline Nightwing

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2006, 07:12:20 PM »
Since Olin and USRAC were two totally seperate entities...would not a lawsuit involving the ammunition "arm" of winchester..effect Olin more then USRAC?
And...just to play devils advocate...what if Rick J DID invent/come up with, the short mag concept.   If so..does not not have the right to benefit from it, as opposed to some big corporation who stole his idea and profiting from it w/o his benefit?
Think about it..lets say you come up with a great idea for a product, one that may revolutionize the industry it's in(not saying that SM's will do that, but just making the example).   How would you feel if all of a sudden, some large company in the industry you were dealing with, stole YOUR idea, and claimed it as their own?   You do the work, come up with the idea, even maybe, get some prototypes up and running..and someone else comes along, steals the idea, and is profiting from it..without consulting with our working with you.
What would you do?
Would you just say "hey, it's a big company that provides a lot of jobs, so I'll just stay quiet, slink away, and never mention that they STOLE the idea from me".
Or.....
Would  you raise bloody hell, and suit them..and WIN!
I know what I would do.
Sasquatch Research Inititive.  Honestly think you have seen a sasquatch or bigfoot?
Report it here:
http://www.sasquatchonline.com/
Talk about it here if your serious:
http://bigfootdiscussions.invisionzone.com/forums/index.php?/

Offline brasskeeper

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Contributor
« Reply #63 on: April 05, 2006, 06:09:19 PM »
Well march is gone and April is here, has anyone heard if the plant did close?

Offline msorenso

• A Real Regular
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2006, 02:53:03 PM »
The lawsuit has nothing to do with the firarms side of a totally different company. yes if there was one it would be with the ammuntioon side of it.  Besides the wsm's are based off the 404 jeffery.
LIVE FREE OR DIE

Offline white feather

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2006, 11:15:25 AM »
I dont have my old Shooting Times magazines to look up the Jameson demension from, but was told that the only thing that was the same was the shoulder angle, even the rim diameter was different.

I have nothing against Rick sueing Winchester if what he clames is true, but you get more money out of a company thats still in buisness than you do one you put out of buisness, also talked with a employee at the parts center for Browning and Winchester a couple of days ago, i asked him if the Jameson lawsuit was what put Winchester out of buisness and all he said was it damm sure didnt help matters any, it seems they were already hurting and this was just the last straw so to speak, just passing on what i have learned so far, WF.

Offline Siskiyou

« Reply #66 on: April 10, 2006, 10:16:37 AM »
Sears has lost a number of law suits for stealing other ideas when it comes to tool design.  The courts found against them and Sears is still in business.  If somebodys ideas(inventions) are  stolen then the stealer is no different then a poacher.

Winchester has been going down the tubes for years.  To bad, so sad, but does that give them the right to steal anothers' work product?  Does that give a thief the right to steal a man's cash?
There is a learning process to effectively using a gps.  Do not throw your compass and map away!

Boycott: San Francisco, L.A., Oakland, and City of Sacramento, CA.

Offline msorenso

• A Real Regular
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2006, 03:48:18 AM »
White feather,
Thank you for taking the time and posting these! :D
LIVE FREE OR DIE

Offline white feather

« Reply #69 on: April 15, 2006, 01:10:02 PM »
I was told that RJ's contract was bought out by Shooting Time's Mag. and that he had gone to work for Peterson's Publishing, the info i received was in fact true, this link will show you.

http://www.huntingmag.com/guns_loads/predatory_0319/

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2006, 05:30:08 PM »
Me thinks, I am glad for keeping my Model 94 3030 bought new in 1957. :grin:
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett

Offline msorenso

• A Real Regular
« Reply #71 on: April 18, 2006, 03:55:03 AM »
Sounds like S&W gave the pass. :D
LIVE FREE OR DIE

Offline white feather

« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2006, 10:12:06 AM »
Has anyone noticed that RJ is not writeing for Shooting Times anymore, his article is not in the August issue, could what i said earler about his articles being bought out by Shooting Tmes after the law suit against Winchester be right, guess the rumor i was told was pretty well right on the money and not BS like was told, guess some cant see the forest for the trees.

Offline signman

Re: Any new news's with Winchester???
« Reply #73 on: July 15, 2006, 03:55:26 AM »
Anyone seen this-

State company makes offer for Winchester factory
Andy Bromage, Register Staff
07/15/2006

-NEW HAVEN — City officials fired off a teasing tidbit about the Winchester firearms factory Friday — a Connecticut gun maker has made an offer to buy the shuttered plant — but immediately slapped a silencer on the news.

Mayor John DeStefano Jr.’s office, in keeping with recent practice, said the parent company of U.S. Repeating Arms Co. is "seriously considering" an offer by a state-based manufacturer, but would not name the party.

"There’s a lot of negotiating that’s going on that has to run its course," said Catherine Sullivan-DeCarlo, the mayor’s spokeswoman. "Usually companies don’t want to be identified until they know what they are doing."

In March, the Winchester plant went dark, ending a 140-year legacy, putting 186 employees out of work and threatening to outsource production of "The Gun That Won the West" overseas.

Herstal Group of Belgium, USRAC’s parent company, said declining sales and competition from abroad forced the plant to close. In May, the company agreed to open the plant’s financial records to prospective buyers for 75 days so potential successors could see whether the plant was profitable. The arrangement was part of a deal reached with City Hall that included USRAC paying the city $850,000 to settle old tax abatements.

The selected bidder and Herstal must now negotiate a sale of the plant, at 344 Winchester Ave., and convince Missouri-based Olin Corp., owner of the Winchester brand name, to license the bidder to make the rifles.

Michael Blank of St. Louis-based MHB Enterprises, one of two consultants hired to orchestrate the sale, said that "over a dozen" companies inquired about buying the plant and "a third of those responded with some kind of credible offer." He, too, declined to be more specific, or name the companies.

"It all comes down to this one individual," Blank said. "Other people are still interested but this one candidate was significantly beyond the others in many areas." Blank said some prospective buyers found the plant too small, others too big, and for the first time opened the possibility that the plant might go to a use other than gun making, such as warehousing.

"Obviously we’d like to keep (Winchester production) in New Haven," Blank said. "Our preference is still New Haven but our backup is America."

Among the largest gun manufacturers in Connecticut are Marlin in North Haven; Colt and U.S. Firearms, both in Hartford; and Sturm, Ruger & Co. of Fairfield.

©New Haven Register 2006

Bob

$15 transfers in SE Ohio

Offline HuntingGuy

• Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
« Reply #74 on: July 19, 2006, 03:28:34 PM »
Hang on to your 70's and 94's gentleman, I think we are in for a ride  8)
HuntingGuy
Hunting in Minnesota Moderator

"You can take the boy out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the boy"

Offline Dee

• Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2006, 02:08:00 PM »
Ain't it the truth about hangin on to em? But, you know what? All this discusion about ole Ric is interesting. As far as I'm concerned he is just another gun salesman. He just ain't behind a counter. I switched years ago to how-to magazines like Backwoodsman, and Fur, Fish & Game. There I get knowledge instead of hipe about a new product. My old Model 94 put up with me for years by waiting quitely in the safe with all sorts of new fangled (the very latest) guns and caliburs until one day I realized that a 3030 Winchester would still handle anything I needed to do. I had started reading GUN magazines and people like Ric pointed out to me and everyone else that we were wrong and it wouldn't. Back in the early 70s when I was in my 20s an old man told me that the ribs on a whitetail and the ribs on an elk are the same to a 3030. He said I would eventually figure that out and go back to where I started. He was right. I'm there. The truth is though, if somebody stole something from ole Ric and got caught they otta pay. Ain't his fault their works been slopy since 1964 and their business was in trouble. Now don't get mad at me for criticizen gun mags. It's just my opinion. If you like readin em it's your business. As for Winchester going outta business? I hate it but, if they come back I hope they go back to where THEY STARTED before 1964. It worked, before all them new ideas got in the way.
You may all go to hell, I will go to Texas. Davy Crockett