Author Topic: Contender - Private Party Transfers in California  (Read 591 times)

Offline Chris

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Contender - Private Party Transfers in California
« on: March 17, 2003, 06:08:01 PM »
Guys:

Can a private party who bought a Contender over ten years ago in the state of California, sell it to another private party in CA today...provided the transaction is handled through a licensed FFL delear in CA? The transferee has a HSC and is legally eligible to own a handgun in CA.

Contenders aren't on the "list" and I'm getting mixed signals from all directions.

Thanks!   ...Chris      :?

P.S.  I posted same in the TC forum too...need all of the help/opinions I can get.
"An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike!" Spiro Agnew

Offline Ka6otm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Contender - Private Party Transfers in Cali
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2003, 05:29:44 AM »
Chris,

I think this link will solve the problem for you.
http://justice.hdcdojnet.state.ca.us/safeguns/safeguns_new.taf

This is from the Attorney General's office and the opening paragraph states that among others, private party sales are exempt from being on the list.

However, be advised that the .45LC/.410 barrel is illegal in California regardless of when it was purchased (this from the T/C website).

Ka6otm

Offline Chris

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
Contender - Private Party Transfers in Cali
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2003, 06:43:12 PM »
Thanks for the tip....that's exactly what my take was on it but the FFL dealer had to call the AG office to confirm.

If it wasn't for the fact this gun was as close to NIB as it gets, it wouldn't have been worth the hassle...I got so mad I almost threw in the towel.  But then again, that's just what the pinkos wanted me to do wasn't it?  

Thanks for the help!  ...Chris     :D

...ten days and counting!
"An intellectual is a man who doesn't know how to park a bike!" Spiro Agnew