Author Topic: PolyChoke II  (Read 492 times)

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
PolyChoke II
« on: February 10, 2006, 12:00:02 PM »
WOW  Check out this link on the PolyChoke II.  What a great way to upgrade a Pard or Topper.

http://www.poly-choke.com/choke2.htm

MSPRet, how about this on one of those new 22" Youth 20ga barrels with the choke tube.  Only thing better would be to do it on a Sweet 16.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • The Daily Limit
PolyChoke II
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2006, 12:07:29 PM »
i thought people had stopped using those ugly things... what with choke tubes being so common now I can't understand why anyone would destroy the value of gun and make it uglier...

Offline Cookiemann

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Apple Valley, MN
PolyChoke II
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2006, 12:52:34 PM »
Check out the link duk!  If it is not the vented model, it really doesn't look ugly.  The neat thing is that it screws in right where a choke tube would go.  You wouldn't loose any of the value of the barrel.  What could be better...just a twist to go from full to improved or any where in between.  No choke tubes or wrenches to carry.  You could do it all with ONE barrel.
I think that would be pretty HANDI.
NOT ON MY WATCH

"AIM small...MISS small"

Offline dukkillr

• Moderators
    • The Daily Limit
PolyChoke II
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2006, 01:33:08 PM »
so you're going to screw in a choke that changes?  why not just screw in the choke you want...  or do what I do, screw in the modified and forget about it...  buy a turkey gun and there isn't anything you would need an additional choke for...

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
PolyChoke II
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2006, 03:23:42 PM »
They must work Cookieman, they have been around forever!!! I can remember when only the rich guys had them. It would really make a single barreled H&R shotgun be capeable of doing everything, and easy to change the choke in the field also. I would think it might even help to tighten up slug groups, set your choke to whatever setting the slugs shot best at. I guess the final cost would be about $120 with shipping both ways....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline DaveH

• Contributor
PolyChoke II
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 08:53:54 AM »
Cookie,

I had of the Polly II chokes factory installed on my NEF 12 ga.  It works and well as they say it does.  Now I can use the gun from Dove season to turkey season.  It was a gift from my GF I doubt if I would spent the money on it.  But I'm glad I had it done to the gun.
Dave H.
US Army SFC(Ret)