Author Topic: Simmons Scopes  (Read 3493 times)

Offline TheOpticZone

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
Simmons Scopes
« on: February 21, 2006, 12:41:31 PM »
I just would like to let everyone know we finallly got some of the Simmon Master Series scopes in.  Below is what we received.

Master Aetec 2.8-10x44, Matte
Master Prohunter 3-9x40, Matte
Master Prohunter 3-9x40, Silver
Master Prosport 3-9x40, Matte
Master Prosport 3-9x40, Silver

If any one has any questions, just let me know.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline nasem

• A Real Regular
Simmons Scopes
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2006, 09:52:00 AM »
wow... those simmons Master Aetec look mighty nice, constant 3.5" Eye rel.  What kind of warrenty does it have ? is it life time like the leopolds / nikons and such ?

Offline TheOpticZone

• A Real Regular
    • http://www.theopticzone.com
Simmons Scopes
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2006, 10:25:21 AM »
Here is what the warranty reads:

Simmons Warranty
The majority of our products carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty, pursuant to which Simmons Outdoor Corp. guarantees your product to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for the lifetime of the original purchaser. The exceptions to this Limited Lifetime Warranty are as follows: Simmons Fireview, Redline, Compact and Captureview binoculars each carry a one-year warranty; Simmons Rimfire and Red Dot riflescopes each carry a one-year warranty; and all Simmons accessories carry a one-year warranty.

If covered by an applicable warranty, we will either repair or replace your product, at our option. The warranty is not valid in cases where the product has been abused or mishandled, where unauthorized repairs have been attempted or performed, or where depreciation of the product is due to normal wear-and-tear. Simmons products purchased outside North America are not included in this warranty, but are covered under separate warranties issued by Simmons International Distributors. Please call your local International Distributor for details. We specifically disclaim special, indirect, or consequential damages or lost profits, which may result from a breach of this warranty. Any implied warranties which cannot be disclaimed are hereby limited to a term of one year from the date of original retail purchase. This warranty gives you specific rights. You may have other rights which vary from state to state. Simmons reserves the right to change product specifications or to discontinue products without prior notice.
Jon Jackoviak
The Optic Zone
www.theopticzone.com

The Place for all your Optic Needs!

Offline Country Boy

• A Real Regular
Simmons Scopes
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 01:04:30 PM »
I bought a 3x9 from Jon, bust guy I've evdr delt with. But, my scope had some foreign matter in it and it finally got to me. I didn't want to bother Jon so I sent it to simmons. They replaced it with a new scope and even upgraded me a little wikth a 3x10x42.  Just got it today.
  They were out of stock on the 3x9 model.

Offline wncchester

Re: Simmons Scopes
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 04:20:04 PM »
OK, so this question touches on one of my own, ref. the quality of  Simmon's scopes. 

I don't have one and have only looked through perhaps a dozen or so, including a couple of Atecs.  That's not a scientific base but each one I looked through has significant barrel distortion at the edges.  I mean that straight lines bent in and out of shape as I swung across a wall or field of trees.  I find that sort of thing distracting while following a moving deer, etc.

My question is, is the field of vision any flatter in the new  Master series scopes?   
Common sense is an uncommon virtue

Offline Zachary

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2006, 05:15:43 AM »
I'm not a fan of Simmons scopes, but I must say that I was very pleased (and surprised) to hear that Simmon's customer service was so prompt and professional.  Wow!

Zachary

Offline poncaguy

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (2)
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2006, 03:21:28 PM »
I have a Simmons Master Series Pro Hunter 3x9x40, very clear, no distortion at all. Great eye relief.

Offline Country Boy

• A Real Regular
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2006, 03:25:43 PM »
I've been using mine for a while now and it has a lot of features I like. The click adjustments, you don't need a coin or to turn a knob. the fast focus eyepiece and they are very clear, even late in the evening. In spite of my best efforts to break it, I screwed a set pf weaver side lock rings down so hard it put dents  in the scope. It works just fine. Only complaint is the cross hair is a little thick which makes it hard to shoot groups. But I would get another especially the 3x10x 44

Offline jamaldog87

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2006, 12:14:37 PM »
i have a simmons  Master Series 8-point rifles scope that i got for 19$ new at walmart and i have it on my crosman 766. This scope is very good on my airgun and i can see and shoot out to 65 yards on 7x with it. I used a 22-250 and can shoot out to 300 yards on pdog targets with it.
Most Interesting Man in the World: I Don’t Always Watch Shows for Little Girls, but when I Do, I prefer My Little pony . stay magic my friends