Author Topic: olympic ar's  (Read 640 times)

Offline simplicity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
olympic ar's
« on: February 22, 2006, 08:50:58 AM »
What's everyone opinions of the olympic ar's? I.E. Well made? accuracy compared to other ar companys ? reliability? etc. I've had a few in my hand but have never had the chance to use that brand.

Offline Skeeterbaymac

• Avid Poster
olympic ar's
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 04:54:04 PM »
Hi:  This probably wont help much as I have never had an Olympic AR but I have several Bushmasters.  I have nothing but great praise for them.  Never had a problem with them and They all shoot as good as I can or better. Plus I like the made in Maine thing! :-D

Offline Skeeterbaymac

• Avid Poster
olympic ar's
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2006, 04:55:13 PM »
Hi:  This probably wont help much as I have never had an Olympic AR but I have several Bushmasters.  I have nothing but great praise for them.  Never had a problem with them and They all shoot as good as I can or better. Plus I like the made in Maine thing! :-D

Offline simplicity

• A Real Regular
olympic ar's
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2006, 08:22:55 AM »
I have a bushy myself. I was trying to find out for a freind of mine the are quite a few olympic ar's at kittery trading post for not bad money and was just wondering how good they were compared to bushmasters.

Where abouts in maine are you? I live in Auburn. All the bushmasters are machine right next to where i work and are assembled in windham.

Offline Skeeterbaymac

• Avid Poster
olympic ar's
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2006, 11:53:40 AM »
Simplicity:  Way up in the northern part of the County!  West of Caribou!  

I am having a hard time deciding on an AR 10 or a M1A.  I have the Bushmasters and would like somthing in .30 cal. I have lots of hunting rifles I just don't have anything Semi in .30 cal.  Any ideas on which you would pick. :D

Offline simplicity

• A Real Regular
olympic ar's
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2006, 08:50:27 AM »
Geez I don't know I would say the only reason why I own a AR is because I can't afford a M1A. I'm not saying I don't like my AR, I love my AR I do feel a bond with it and have alot of confidence with it due to my time in the Marines. I don't have much of a opinion of the AR-10 only because I've never had one in my hands and I've never shot one. I will say this I do have a passion for the M1a. I will own one before I die that is for sure. I guess I'd have to go with the M1a only because I have never had a ar-10 in my hands to try. never know I might get my hands on one and passion might change never know I guess it would be what you would want it for just to play with or to play?hunt or just to have play with and customise if you wanted to play and custommise I'd say go with the AR-10. if you don't and you want something that's been battle proven to be reliable and is still used today as a match rifle I'd go with the M1A. But as of where I sit right now knowing what I know I still say M1A. I am in the same boat I have all kinds of hunting arms. I only have a few niches left to fill in my collection and thats a 223 barrel for my encore , a 1911, and the M1A.

Offline DonT

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Contributor
olympic ar's
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2006, 04:53:07 AM »
I have an Oly PCR16 and been very happy with it.  Shoots very well, is reliable and fit and finish are very good.  I do not believe they make this model any longer (or call it something different) it is the flat top receiver with a 16" bull barrel and no FH.

I would not hesitate to by another.    A number of years ago 6+ or more they had some issues but recently they have been very good.

DonT :D