Author Topic: Rogers and Spencer safety question  (Read 571 times)

Offline maelstrom1335

• Trade Count: (0)
Rogers and Spencer safety question
« on: February 27, 2006, 02:35:28 AM »
I'm looking to get  a EuroArms Rogers & Spencer as my first BP revolver.  I had almost sold myself on the Remington New Army, but I ran across the R&S and read some really good things about them.  One of the things I liked about the Remington was the safety notches or grooves between the nipples that allow you to safely load all six chambers.  Is there anything equivalent on the R&S?  

By the way, apologies if this gets posted twice.  I got server error on my first try and never saw it listed on the forum, so this is attempt # 2.

Thanks,
Brett

Offline unspellable

• Trade Count: (0)
  • A Real Regular
Rogers & Spencer
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 03:04:33 AM »
My Rogers & Spencer does not have half way notches.  It does have enough room in the nipple pockets to lower the nose of the hammer beside the nipple rather than on it.  I'm not convinced I'd regard that as much safer for carry than having the hammer at half cock.

I never though about this before as my R&S is a range gun, out in the woods I carry a Ruger Old Army when I want to pack a cap & ball.

If you do get one, I have found that mine does not like light powder charges and produces a group like a 12 gauge with buck shot.  But if I up the powder charge to at least the middle range it gets much happier and really starts putting them where they belong.