Author Topic: Tools for NEF Shotgun?  (Read 631 times)

Offline one$$shot

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
Tools for NEF Shotgun?
« on: February 28, 2006, 03:39:09 AM »
I recently purchased a used NEF Pardner.  It has been spray painted and I would like to take the stock off to clean.  I would like to clean other mechanisms also.  I was told carb cleaner works well for this.  After drying I would use some Rem oil on the moving parts.  

What tool do you use to get the stock bolt out.  It looks like a long 1/2" nut driver would do the trick.  What size pin punch do you use to get the trigger mechanism apart?  I know there are pictures posted on the NEF CF forum but I don't remember it mentioning tools or where to get them.  

I'm quite good with mechanisms but don't care to purchase a gunsmithing kit of any kind.  It reminds me of boxes of multiple size fish hooks.  There are twenty different size fish hooks in the box.  Only two or three sizes are of any use.

Thanks

Chuck

Offline predator_huntin

• Classified -- Banned
  • Trade Count: (10)
  • Avid Poster
    • http://www.chrisdknight.com
Tools for NEF Shotgun?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2006, 08:56:51 AM »
i believe a 9/16th socket on the end of a 12" extension will pull the buttstock off

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Tools for NEF Shotgun?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2006, 10:17:13 AM »
That's it, a 9/16's" or 14mm socket and a long or 2 shorter extentions will work....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline one$$shot

• Avid Poster
Tools for NEF Shotgun?
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2006, 12:11:15 PM »
Thanks fella's.

Offline one$$shot

• Avid Poster
Tools for NEF Shotgun?
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2006, 12:24:04 PM »
A 14mm Sears Craftsman deep well socket and two six inch 3/8 drive extensions fits absolutely perfect on my Pardner.  It came right off in seconds.  Looking into the hole I would have never thunk it!  Now if I can find out which pin punch I need (for the trigger assembly) I can get into some real trouble.

Thanks again guys.

Offline MSP Ret

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (173)
Tools for NEF Shotgun?
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2006, 03:32:48 PM »
I'm not sure but I would think if you look up the 2 sets of instructions for trigger jobs the punch sizes might be mentioned there...also, this might help.. http://www.graybeardoutdoors.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=86977

....<><.... :grin:
"Giving up your gun to someone else on demand is called surrender. It means that you have given up your ability to protect yourself to a power that is greater than you." - David Yeagley

Offline one$$shot

• Avid Poster
Tools for NEF Shotgun?
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2006, 04:27:21 PM »
Yep!  You're right.  A 3/16", 3/32" and a 5/32".  I think I have everything else looking at the list.

Thanks again.

Chuck