Author Topic: New Redfield Scopes  (Read 715 times)

Offline vernonp

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Avid Poster
New Redfield Scopes
« on: February 28, 2006, 04:55:05 PM »
Does anyone have one of these scopes or know anything about them. Any information would be appreciated.   vernonp

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • A Real Regular
New Redfield Scopes
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 02:25:27 AM »
All I know is the price of them has multiplied by like 4x.  I have handled what looked like a 3-9X50 that was suspose to be the new Meade version.  The price was over $400 at my local store.  The owner of the store just ordered one to see how the scope would sell.  Even he said it was over priced.  I can't understand how they can ask so much for a scope with such a spotty reputation.  The Chinese versions that the Sportsman Guide was selling  were not that great.  You can't expect someone to spend the kind of dough they are asking on a scope that is unproven.  For the money, I'd buy a Leupold, Bushnell elite, or something that is proven.  The new Redfield is so new, there are very little reviews.  It is the same with the new Simmons, the only difference is that the new Simmons scopes aren't over priced.

Offline akpls

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Contributor
New Redfield Scopes
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 05:34:31 AM »
The new Redfield is apparently a total redesign.  They supposedly are not even comparable to the most recent Redfield offering and certainly not to anything that the Sportsman's Guide has from China.  That said, I wanna see one too!

Offline 30-30man

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
New Redfield Scopes
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2006, 01:00:01 PM »
I hear you on that one.  I know they are suspose to be lightyears ahead of the old ones but the price is what I can't get over.  How many of us would be willing to sink $400 on a brand new model from Tasco.  They were once known for decent glass but the Chinese makes ruined it.  Anything that Meade is doing to rebuild Redfield is great news.  I know you get what you pay for but the price will keep most people away I think.  I hope I'm wrong.

Offline Prebanpaul

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Contributor
New Redfield Scopes
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2006, 03:58:37 PM »
WELL I HAVE A NEW REDFIELD SCOPE AND GOT IT AT A STUPID DEAL. I FOUND IT IN A LOCAL GUN STORE NEW IN BOX. SOME ONE BOUGHT IT SOMEWHERE ELSE AND TRADED IN. I ONLY HAD TO PAY $200 DOLLARS FOR THE SCOPE. I WILL TELL YOU THIS SCOPES CLARITY IS UP THERE WITH THE BURRIS SIGNATURE SERIES. THIS IS ONE OF THE NICEST SCOPES THERE ARE FOR THE PRICE.  I HAVE THIS ON MY REMINGTON MODEL 788 IN .223

PAUL
LUCK when preperation meets opportunity.

Offline whitedogone

• Contributor
New Redfield Scopes
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2006, 05:19:04 PM »
STOP YELLING!
Beretta S686 Sporting 12g 30"
Beretta Silver Pigeon Sporting 20g 28"
Ithaca (SKB) Model 500 Skeet 28g 28"
Browning BPS Syn. 12g 3.5" 26"
Browning BPS rifled w/ Pentax 2x5x20
Tikka M595 in .223 w/ Bushnell Elite 4200 4-16x40