Author Topic: Cannon-Mania, Cannon Mania  (Read 17664 times)

Offline EL Caz 66

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (1)
  • A Real Regular
  • Man the guns !!
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2006, 09:12:34 AM »
The Board should begin by removing his link from the venders list. Why  promote someone with such poor business skills. I'm sure there are plenty of others here that feel the same. It's all about customer satisfaction.

Ed

Offline GGaskill

• Trade Count: (2)
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2006, 02:40:56 PM »
Since I make all my stuff myself, Cannon-Mania is not my problem.  But if you are going to patronize him, only buy stuff he actually has in stock for immediate shipment.  Since you know he doesn't stock everything and sometimes has long back orders, you are contributing to the problem if you continue to order stuff you know he doesn't have hoping his suppliers will come through when promised.  They are probably in the same boat as him, being part time cannon makers when they have time for it.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline EL Caz 66

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • Man the guns !!
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #92 on: May 20, 2006, 03:44:13 PM »
Since not everyone here has the skill or equiptment to make all their stuff they count on the services of business like Cannon-Mania and others. Its not a matter of part-time or full-time business . Its all about being straight with your customers . If you tell someone it will be 3 weeks    
an there is a delay then send a quick email or short phone call giving us the customer a heads up. If you know you don't have something in stock then say so. Don't take a persons hard earn money and make them wait months without contacting them . Then when you reachout for answer , no reponse . That bogus No excuse for that kind of business practice. As far Cannon-Mania goes he presents himself as a full-time business . He should provide full-time communcation & service.

:evil:

Offline Double D

• Trade Count: (3)
  • SAMCC cannon by Brooks-USA
    • South African Miniature Cannon Club
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #93 on: May 20, 2006, 06:46:57 PM »
First Cannon mania does deliver some merchandise.

The Merchandise Cannon Mania seems to be having difficulty delivering is available from other parties listed on the board, especially from our board sponsors.

If you want a cannon barrel, ball mould or trunnion caps contact our board sponsors.  They pay for this board, why not give them something back by ordering from them.

I also maintain an Internet Resource list for  Martini Rifles at www.martinihenry.com/links.htm

At the top of the list I have this disclaimer:

Warning:  Contact these sites for information about their products before ordering. Dealers may not update their sites frequently. Dealers may list rifles that they no longer have and may have rifles not listed. ItÂ’s best to send them an email or make a phone call to inquire about what they have. On large websites use the website's search function to find what you are looking for or use your browser find function to search.

Do your research, before you order.  Query the Companies on http://www.google.com  and find out what is being said about the companies on the Internet.  Make sure you know who you are dealing with and where they are.  Get contact information, including email address, business addresses, and telephone numbers.

Before you send money, communicate with the company.  Ask about delivery dates, back order and stock availability.  Lock down delivery dates.  If possible, pay with a credit card or postal money order.  DonÂ’t send cash, grocery store money orders or cashiers checks.  Keep records of every contact and transaction.

Keep in mind that a lot of these products are unique items.  You wonÂ’t find them at Wal-Mart.  The items are often hand made by craftsmen who work out of their garage.  These people often have a real job and work on these products in their spare time. It is time consuming and costly to set up and make these articles.   Be patient.

This is good advice and perhaps I should put it up at the head our the list.

I don't believe I will pull Cannon mania from the list.  Cannon mania does have some poor business practice.  Post like this well document their practices so others are fore warned.  But not every one has problems with Cannon Mania.

Besides there are far worse people on the list...people who will sell you unlined and seamed lined cannon tubes and tell you they are okay! I can think of one Cannon maker that we have had at least thre reports on, two for crooked liners and another report for saying that seamless liners were not necessary.

Nope Gents, this post stays up so you can be made aware. And the supplier stay up on the list also. All that will happen if we leave them off the list is some one will make post saying he ya missed one!

One suggestion I will make.  If you do business with a supplier on the list make a post  on the board.  Make the subject of the post the Suppliers name.  Tell us if you got good service or bad.  Tell us how it was bad and what you did to resolve the issue.  Also tell us what they did resolve the issue.

Before you order from a supplier  use the search function here on Graybeards and see what you can find on that supplier. Then make your decision to order.

Offline Blaster

• A Real Regular
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #94 on: May 21, 2006, 03:55:36 AM »
Gotta add just one more thing about poor ole Cannon Mania.  The stuff that I did eventually get from him/them was first class, A+ in quality and workmanship.  However, his lack of communication skills is way beyond crappy.  And, this may be of very little importance to most folks, but on each of my three purchases,  I never did get any invoices or any type of paperwork to indicate what I did finally receive, it's price and that is was paid for in full.  I'd think that his auditors would be throwing their hands up in grief for such lousey business/sales practices.  Seems to me that the majority of all business ethics in the good old U.S.A. have really slipped and kinda "gone to hell in a handbasket".  Just my thoughts for a Sunday morning when it sounds like I should be in church instead of ranting on this computer.  Ah well, I'll just go out and touch off a few and feel better about the whole matter. :wink:
Graduate of West Point (West Point, Iowa that is)

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
    • http://www.lioby.com
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #95 on: May 26, 2006, 12:55:16 PM »
two weeks since my last post... still nothin.

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #96 on: June 27, 2006, 03:45:54 PM »
4 more weeks ans still nothin for me... time to kick this thread back to the top

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #97 on: June 27, 2006, 04:23:53 PM »
Rickk please take no offense to this...., but...., "get used to it". ( I feel your pain myself)

Double D after this post came back up I was just re-reading some of the funnier stuff that makes this forum entertaining as well as informative., here is one that really caught my eye.
 :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D   Yea he does probably deliver "Some" hahahhaah thats a good one., and its true too. A customer just never knows if it'll be his stuff that gets delivered or ome one elses., because the guy is amongst other things.  My order was supposed to be in a few weeks., so yea., he is  as well.., that makes him then by definition...,  . :grin:

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #98 on: June 28, 2006, 02:20:35 PM »
Yea Tropico, I'm very used to it.

The money has been gone for about 6 months now, so the pain is gone. I just want to keep this thread up close to the top for others to see.

Offline Tropico

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
    • Tropico Beach
Cannon-Mania
« Reply #99 on: June 28, 2006, 04:47:40 PM »
I know it., and I am with ya on this.
Rich

Offline Double D

Cannon-Mania
« Reply #100 on: June 29, 2006, 06:34:34 AM »
Quote from: Tropico
Rickk please take no offense to this...., but...., "get used to it". ( I feel your pain myself)

Double D after this post came back up I was just re-reading some of the funnier stuff that makes this forum entertaining as well as informative., here is one that really caught my eye.
 :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D  :)  :-D   Yea he does probably deliver "Some" hahahhaah thats a good one., and its true too. A customer just never knows if it'll be his stuff that gets delivered or ome one elses., because the guy is  amongst other things.  My order was supposed to be in a few weeks., so yea., he is  as well.., that makes him then by definition...,  . :grin:

Actually the lines in that O like are these ones:

The Merchandise Cannon Mania seems to be having difficulty delivering is available from other parties listed on the board, especially from our board sponsors.

If you want a cannon barrel, ball mould or trunnion caps contact our board sponsors. They pay for this board, why not give them something back by ordering from them.

Cannon Mania is well documented on this board for some time...yet some still insist on ordering from them.  Even when our sponsers can provide it quicker better and cheaper!!!

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
Re: Cannon-Mania
« Reply #101 on: July 19, 2006, 04:07:50 PM »
Update...
6 months is way too long for something that was in stock or repeatedly "a couple weeks away" .
I have demanded refund... let's see how this goes.
Updates will be weekly
Rick

Offline jeeper1

• A Real Regular
« Reply #102 on: July 19, 2006, 04:41:46 PM »
 I went through something similar trying to get a receiver blank to build an AK47 parts kit.
It took 8 months and a few requests for a refund before there was any action. One thing in the persons favor was that he had to move halfway across the country on 2 weeks notice shortly after I placed the order, find a place to live and open up a shop otherwise I would not have been so patient.
I may not be completely sane, but at least I don't think I have the power to influence the weather.

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #103 on: July 19, 2006, 04:49:46 PM »
I expect specialty stuff to take a while...
if i was told it would have taken a year, i would have said... OK.
But i was repeatedly told it would be only a couple more weeks.
The original order was for an item that the web site indicated was in stock.
Other than excuses when I try hard to contact cannon-mainia I have not recieved any communications at all.
I want out of this now.

Offline Double D

« Reply #104 on: July 19, 2006, 06:06:10 PM »
Write a letter to the Consumer Fraud Division in the Attorney General's Office  in the State in which Cannon mania operates.

Letter should be short one page business letter and contain facts, times, dates places.  No rants.  I sent  money, they said they would deliver in such a time.  The time came no merchandise recieved, I tried to contact them they did not respond. Please help. Include copies of any correspondance.

Offline GGaskill

« Reply #105 on: July 20, 2006, 09:12:01 AM »
I want out of this now.

You need to make a demand for a refund.  Send a paper letter asking for a refund (include a copy of whatever documentation you have confirming the order) via USPS Certified Mail Return Receipt so you have evidence that Cannon-Mania received the letter.

If they don't reply to that in a timely manner, then go with the A/G or a local consumer protection agency.
GG
“If you're not a liberal at 20, you have no heart; if you're not a conservative at 40, you have no brain.”
--Winston Churchill

Offline Cpt Ed

• GBO Supporter
  • Avid Poster
« Reply #106 on: July 20, 2006, 01:58:14 PM »
Last week, I sent an email to cannon-mania asking him how soon he would have available again the 4 gauge blanks and also the chamber inserts to handle the Winchester 10-gauge black-powder shells.

The very next day I had this reply:

Ed
These should be back in stock around August 10.
David Ross
Always think safety...be a More Complete Cannoneer.

"I HATE SMALL TOWNS BECAUSE ONCE YOU'VE SEEN THE CANNON IN THE PARK, THERE'S NOTHING ELSE TO DO."

Offline Double D

« Reply #107 on: September 20, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »
You fellow want to update us on the situation.  Did you get your stuff or a refund?

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #108 on: September 20, 2006, 02:36:33 PM »
Email from myself to David at Cannon-Mania, dated July 19, 2006:

---
 Hi David,

it has been 6 months now, and way too many "in a couple of weeks" promises
 from you.

Please cancel my order and refund my money .

Rick
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David's reply, dated July 20, 2006

Rick

No problem with the refund.  The molds have been a nightmare for me and I
haven't found any that will suffice (at a reasonable cost).   Would you like
the refund by PayPal or by Company check?

David Ross

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My reply, Dated July20

check is fine.
Thanks

Rick

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is Sept 20 (two months later) and no refund check recieved. I emailed him a couple times since then and recieved no response.

So, I got no stuff and got no refund.

Rick

Offline brass cannon

« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2006, 07:49:27 AM »
Cannon mania doesn't make cannon fuse but Skylighter does.  Check them out at skylighter.com.  They also supply potassium nitrate for slow match and other related activities.  I don't use cannon fuse since it takes so long to ignite the charge.  I use a quill made from a coffee stirring straw and 1/4" wide masking tape covered with 4f powder.  Coat the tape with the powder and insert it in the stirring straw.  Leave about 1/2 " of the powdered tape sticking out the top and cut it flush on the bottom.  It is almost instantaneous and cheap as well.  I recently purchased a 1.030 ball mould for my wall gun from jeff@jt-bullet-moulds.co.uk    It is brass and cost less than $40.  Delivery was under a month

Offline kappullen

• Avid Poster
« Reply #110 on: September 30, 2006, 05:08:41 PM »
Cannon Mania probably does have supplier problems.
I drop ship items on ebay and frequently come up with the
“That’s out of stock” letter from the supplier.

That makes me less happy than the customer.

We try to find the item from another retailer even if we
take a slight loss. Cannon Mania cannot do that selling custom
machined materials.

Coming from over seas can take months for my supplier
to get items back in stock. Even customs can hold things up for weeks.

On the other hand, maybe some of you nice gentleman have
financed Cannon Mania’s the new machine shop. 

That’s one way some companies operate these days. They run up the
accounts payable, and hold up shipments, to produce more capitol.

Maybe the suppliers are holding shipments up over slow payments.

I was run out of business that way some years ago.
Still owed over a hundred grand from 1992.

It’s only money! Take your Zoloft, keep on shooting.

Oh yea, If you need machine tool accesories, check us out at

getmachiningtools.com

We won't run you around!

Kap

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2006, 12:41:50 PM »
Cannon-Miania's issues about supplier problems got flushed down the toilet when he promised to refund my money and then did not do it.

That isn't a supplier problem. That is... well... you put in whatever words you see fit.

Offline EL Caz 66

• GBO Supporter
  • A Real Regular
  • Man the guns !!
« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2006, 03:00:33 PM »
Yes Sir, Your order will be in six years thanks for your patience... :oYIKES!!!

Offline civilcannon

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2006, 07:10:45 AM »
Sorry I hit the send button lets try again

C  C is for the cannon cin in Connecticut

A  A is for the answers that you never get

N  N is for the non responce to emails and phone calls 

N  N is for never, never again

O  O is for not the only dealer and supplier on the web

N  N is for never, never( you get the idea)

M  M is for the many many excuses

A  A is for another 2 to 3 weeks

N  N is for not with my money

I  I is for the idiot that I am for doing business with this firm

A A is for wish we had another source with all of the goods and services that are promiced but not delivered

It;s been 5 months wait for my order . I did get the trunion caps but nothing to put them on

Offline Zeus_DD

« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2006, 09:26:36 AM »
I ordered a cannon(1/6 scale, 6lb garrison) from david 6 weeks ago. I did manage to get him on the phone my first call. He checked my email and phone number and sent me on my way with the promise he'd look into it. Ive read all the post on the topic and now I know Im going to get ripped off. The cannon I ordered was 299.00 now its on the site for 549.00. I cant really order another one till I resolve this. When the time comes who should i order from Canadian cannon co? Anyway Ive vented so thanx for listening -Paul

Offline reddog

« Reply #115 on: November 30, 2006, 12:48:48 PM »
Hi Zeus, If read this topic you know my first cannon came from him. I got mine, but it seems it's A hit or miss for anyone. I found this website just after I got my cannon (thank god I did) this website is full of information, and very knowegable people. I orderd my second cannon from another company thru research on this board, the other company you mention is A good one. Hope your order from cannon-mania works out.   Reddog
"Catch A cannonball, now take me down the line. My bag is sinkin' low and I do believe it's time."

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #116 on: November 30, 2006, 12:52:32 PM »
don't forget to cast your vote in the poll thread

Offline Double D

« Reply #117 on: December 01, 2006, 02:51:17 AM »
:D Hi all, I got my ball mold today!!! It took 2 months 4 days. It took A long time but it was well worth the wait, The ball mold I got was fantastic. The mold comes with A C-clamp type vise-grip with the mold halves pinned into the vise-grip jaws.(not anything like the pics on their website) Very nice work!. Like I said it took along time, for anyone thats still waiting for an order from Cannon- Mania Its well worth the Wait. Thanks agian this forum is the best, Oh they gave me A free roll of fuse too!!!

You also claimed to have on back ourder  a powder measure, did you get that or a refund for it?

Offline Double D

« Reply #118 on: December 01, 2006, 03:31:10 AM »
Gent's.

This post has gone on for along time. It's purpose of course was to document poor customer service by Cannon Mania. I went back and reviewed all the posts and have come up with this list of people who have reported outstanding orders with Cannon Mania.  I would like each of you on this list to to report back here to the group and tell us what the staus of your order is. If the order is outstanding after this length of time others thinking of doing business with this company need to be aware.  If your issue was resloved some time ago it is unfair of you to leave the appearance Cannon Mania has not got square with you.

• Reddog posted 03012006  powder measure
  • Tropico posted 03012006 trunnions caps
  • Dictator reorted 030106 Musket lock
  • Rickk reported 030106 Ball mould
  • Charcoal Burner reported 031006 mould
  • Cruffler Steve reported 041906 due refund
  • Zuess_DD reported 113006 cannon

Also while reviewing the thread, I noticed a bit of name calling in the posts.  That's called flaming. It's not permitted on this board.  I deleted what I saw.  I know it angers you to be treated this way but it serves no usefull purpose and only diminishes the quality of your message. Don't do it here. Enough said.

Offline Rickk

• GBO Supporter
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2006, 04:12:01 AM »
status of my ball mould...

refund promised on July 20.

Today is December 1.

David Ross lives less than 100 miles from me, so the check should have been delivered  by now by any means of shipment that I can think of, including in-person, making the trip using a little kid's tricycle, but it hasn't arrived so far.